Don’t look for the dermatologically-challenged stars of ABC’s Cavemen – Bill English (Joel), Sam Huntington (Andy), and Nick Kroll (Nick) – to do many more guest appearances like they did Monday (Oct. 1) on Good Morning America and Dancing With The Stars. Because of the small army of makeup artists and support staff it takes to turn them into neanderthals (often a nearly four-hour endeavor, depending on the amount of body hair that’s required), such appearances end up costing ABC in the low five figures. Surprisingly, the actors have a fairly good attitude about what takes to play Stone Age dudes. Says Huntington, “I don’t like this much attention, and this is almost like wearing a mask. It’s freeing. And if the show is terrible – and I really doubt it is – then no one would ever know it’s me.” Perhaps the actors should have considered using prosthetics on the new Viva Laughlin.
Cavemen: It Ain't Cheap Being This Ugly
- 'Glee' peek: Shirtless Santa and the Chipmunks
- 'Bachelor': First Look at Juan Pablo's lucky ladies
- 'Sound of Music': 3 dress rehearsal photos
- Paul Walker: End of the 'F&F' fantasy?
- 'Elementary' First Look: Moriarty returns
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian?
- 'Sound of Music': We rank every song
- Carrie Underwood talks 'Sound of Music'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Take a peek at dress rehearsal -- PHOTOS
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst on that CRAZY tribal council
- 'The Sound of Music': Carrie Underwood on tonight's live show and hate tweets from Julie Andrews fans