Über-producer Rick Rubin may still be settling into his new, untitled gig as creative head of Columbia Records, but—not surprisingly—we hear that he’s staying just as busy lining up studio projects outside of the label, too. Could The Strokes, whose last album, 2006’s First Impressions of Earth, didn’t make as much of an impression as their first two efforts, be his newest protégés? Nothing’s certain yet, but according to a source at the band’s label, their next album is expected no earlier than 2009.
The Strokes to work with Rick Rubin?
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- 'Maze Runner' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $11M
- Shonda Rhimes vs. 'N.Y. Times' article
- 'Justified' adds Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS
- 'Doctor Who' invites Nick Frost over for Xmas
- 'Fashion Police' will return in 2015: E!
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016
- GWAR welcomes new vocalist Vulvatron