Über-producer Rick Rubin may still be settling into his new, untitled gig as creative head of Columbia Records, but—not surprisingly—we hear that he’s staying just as busy lining up studio projects outside of the label, too. Could The Strokes, whose last album, 2006’s First Impressions of Earth, didn’t make as much of an impression as their first two efforts, be his newest protégés? Nothing’s certain yet, but according to a source at the band’s label, their next album is expected no earlier than 2009.
The Strokes to work with Rick Rubin?
- Dominic Cooper joins 'Agent Carter' cast
- 'Castle': Best premiere rating in three years
- David Fincher to direct HBO series 'Utopia'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Kevin Smith: Thank 'Tusk' for 'Clerks 3'
- 'Scorpion' react: 'Single Point of Failure'
- Stephen Chbosky 'Beauty and the Beast' gig
- 'Chicago Fire,' 'P.D.,' 'SVU' in crossover
- Netflix additions: 10 we like in October
- 'Simpsons' character dies; producer says...