Über-producer Rick Rubin may still be settling into his new, untitled gig as creative head of Columbia Records, but—not surprisingly—we hear that he’s staying just as busy lining up studio projects outside of the label, too. Could The Strokes, whose last album, 2006′s First Impressions of Earth, didn’t make as much of an impression as their first two efforts, be his newest protégés? Nothing’s certain yet, but according to a source at the band’s label, their next album is expected no earlier than 2009.
The Strokes to work with Rick Rubin?
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Arrow' boss talks 'Seeing Red' shocker
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'American Idol' recap: Release the rockers
- 'Survivor': 4 Q's for Jeff Probst
- 'Arrow' react: 'Seeing Red'
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 659
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 508
- Slaves to Love 467
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 382
- Kenya Get Your Scepter 483
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show