Über-producer Rick Rubin may still be settling into his new, untitled gig as creative head of Columbia Records, but—not surprisingly—we hear that he’s staying just as busy lining up studio projects outside of the label, too. Could The Strokes, whose last album, 2006’s First Impressions of Earth, didn’t make as much of an impression as their first two efforts, be his newest protégés? Nothing’s certain yet, but according to a source at the band’s label, their next album is expected no earlier than 2009.
The Strokes to work with Rick Rubin?
- 'Frozen' animated short in spring '15
- 'Gotham' streaming rights go to Netflix
- 'Arrow' digital-first comic is 'Season 2.5'
- DC Comics movie clues in website names?
- CeeLo Green's 'Good Life' canceled by TBS
- Robin Williams' daughter back on Twitter
- Adele: 2 unreleased songs leak (briefly)
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI statement
- Justin Bieber: Assault charges in Ontario
- Joan Rivers on life support: Family statement