Über-producer Rick Rubin may still be settling into his new, untitled gig as creative head of Columbia Records, but—not surprisingly—we hear that he’s staying just as busy lining up studio projects outside of the label, too. Could The Strokes, whose last album, 2006’s First Impressions of Earth, didn’t make as much of an impression as their first two efforts, be his newest protégés? Nothing’s certain yet, but according to a source at the band’s label, their next album is expected no earlier than 2009.
The Strokes to work with Rick Rubin?
- 'Idol' alum Joanne Borgella dies at 32
- 'Fury' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $23.5M
- Stars walk in L.A. to raise $$ vs. ALS
- 'Buffy' actor Nicholas Brendon arrested
- Misty Upham, 'Osage' actress, dies at 32
- Misty Upham's family criticizes police
- 'Batman v Superman': TV report fuels rumors
- Emma Stone in 'Cabaret': First Look photo
- J.K. Rowling to build 'Hagrid Hut' in Scotland
- Channing Tatum as stripper seen in '99 clip