Über-producer Rick Rubin may still be settling into his new, untitled gig as creative head of Columbia Records, but—not surprisingly—we hear that he’s staying just as busy lining up studio projects outside of the label, too. Could The Strokes, whose last album, 2006′s First Impressions of Earth, didn’t make as much of an impression as their first two efforts, be his newest protégés? Nothing’s certain yet, but according to a source at the band’s label, their next album is expected no earlier than 2009.
The Strokes to work with Rick Rubin?
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere
- 'Glee' moves to Fridays for final season
- Greer Grammer named Miss Golden Globe
- Ty Herndon: 'out, proud, happy gay man'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas on new EW cover
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review
- 'Mockingjay': How big at the box office?
- 'Once Upon a Time' role for Merrin Dungey
- Bill Cosby: Woman details assault allegation
- Mike Nichols, Oscar-winning director, dies