In reaction to published reports that CSI’s Jorja Fox is expected to leave the popular CBS drama by year’s end, fans are stealing a page from the Jericho chronicles by launching an Internet campaign to save their favorite character, Sara Sidle. So far, they’ve orchestrated three airplane flyovers in the airspace above the Universal lot in Los Angeles (with “Save Jorja” banners) and sent $3,500 in cash to the CSI production offices (to help offset Fox’s six-figure salary). They’re also bombarding the producers with balloons and Life Savers candy. For the record, no one at CBS/Paramount has officially confirmed that Fox is going bye-bye, though one key insider admits it’s a fait accompli. Because of that, it seems highly unlikely that the efforts of www.dollarforsense.com will succeed, but then who knew an Internet campaign — and truckloads of peanuts — would save a bomb (from a ratings POV, that is) like Jericho?
'CSI' Fans Launch Save Jorja Fox Campaign
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO