In reaction to published reports that CSI’s Jorja Fox is expected to leave the popular CBS drama by year’s end, fans are stealing a page from the Jericho chronicles by launching an Internet campaign to save their favorite character, Sara Sidle. So far, they’ve orchestrated three airplane flyovers in the airspace above the Universal lot in Los Angeles (with “Save Jorja” banners) and sent $3,500 in cash to the CSI production offices (to help offset Fox’s six-figure salary). They’re also bombarding the producers with balloons and Life Savers candy. For the record, no one at CBS/Paramount has officially confirmed that Fox is going bye-bye, though one key insider admits it’s a fait accompli. Because of that, it seems highly unlikely that the efforts of www.dollarforsense.com will succeed, but then who knew an Internet campaign — and truckloads of peanuts — would save a bomb (from a ratings POV, that is) like Jericho?
'CSI' Fans Launch Save Jorja Fox Campaign
- 'Amazing Race' recap: And the winners are...
- 'Gravity,' 'Her' share L.A. Critics' top prize
- '12 Years a Slave': Best Pic for Boston, N.Y. critics
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Frozen' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $31.6M
- Kennedy Center Honors: D.C. salutes five artists
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Nico Vega goes 'Bang Bang'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie line in Sweden
Top 5 Most Read
- 'SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars -- VIDEO
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on 'Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here!
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's Picks
- Peter Jackson on bringing the 'Hobbit' villain Smaug to life: 'He's the Hannibal Lecter of the dragon world.'
- Disney's 'Frozen' soundtrack: Ranking all nine original songs