In reaction to published reports that CSI’s Jorja Fox is expected to leave the popular CBS drama by year’s end, fans are stealing a page from the Jericho chronicles by launching an Internet campaign to save their favorite character, Sara Sidle. So far, they’ve orchestrated three airplane flyovers in the airspace above the Universal lot in Los Angeles (with “Save Jorja” banners) and sent $3,500 in cash to the CSI production offices (to help offset Fox’s six-figure salary). They’re also bombarding the producers with balloons and Life Savers candy. For the record, no one at CBS/Paramount has officially confirmed that Fox is going bye-bye, though one key insider admits it’s a fait accompli. Because of that, it seems highly unlikely that the efforts of www.dollarforsense.com will succeed, but then who knew an Internet campaign — and truckloads of peanuts — would save a bomb (from a ratings POV, that is) like Jericho?
'CSI' Fans Launch Save Jorja Fox Campaign
- Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably': Daughter
- 'Big Brother': Evicted houseguest is...
- Allison Tolman to guest on 'Mindy Project'
- Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' debuts at No. 1
- Apple event set for Sept. 9: iPhone 6?
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are married
- 'Star Wars VII' resumes filming in U.K.
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge