In reaction to published reports that CSI’s Jorja Fox is expected to leave the popular CBS drama by year’s end, fans are stealing a page from the Jericho chronicles by launching an Internet campaign to save their favorite character, Sara Sidle. So far, they’ve orchestrated three airplane flyovers in the airspace above the Universal lot in Los Angeles (with “Save Jorja” banners) and sent $3,500 in cash to the CSI production offices (to help offset Fox’s six-figure salary). They’re also bombarding the producers with balloons and Life Savers candy. For the record, no one at CBS/Paramount has officially confirmed that Fox is going bye-bye, though one key insider admits it’s a fait accompli. Because of that, it seems highly unlikely that the efforts of www.dollarforsense.com will succeed, but then who knew an Internet campaign — and truckloads of peanuts — would save a bomb (from a ratings POV, that is) like Jericho?
'CSI' Fans Launch Save Jorja Fox Campaign
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- Taylor Swift reveals '1989' track list
- 'John Carter' rights lapse at Disney
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- 'Goodfellas' actor sues 'Simpsons' for $250M
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk