In reaction to published reports that CSI’s Jorja Fox is expected to leave the popular CBS drama by year’s end, fans are stealing a page from the Jericho chronicles by launching an Internet campaign to save their favorite character, Sara Sidle. So far, they’ve orchestrated three airplane flyovers in the airspace above the Universal lot in Los Angeles (with “Save Jorja” banners) and sent $3,500 in cash to the CSI production offices (to help offset Fox’s six-figure salary). They’re also bombarding the producers with balloons and Life Savers candy. For the record, no one at CBS/Paramount has officially confirmed that Fox is going bye-bye, though one key insider admits it’s a fait accompli. Because of that, it seems highly unlikely that the efforts of www.dollarforsense.com will succeed, but then who knew an Internet campaign — and truckloads of peanuts — would save a bomb (from a ratings POV, that is) like Jericho?
'CSI' Fans Launch Save Jorja Fox Campaign
- Justin Lin's in as 'Star Trek 3' director
- Joe Cocker, veteran rock singer, dies at 70
- Joe Cocker dies: Celeb tributes on Twitter
- Theater group seeks to show 'The Interview'
- 'Jessica Jones': Mike Colter in as Luke Cage
- George R.R. Martin: I'll show 'The Interview'
- Bill Cosby accused of another assault in '70s
- JibJab tweaks 2014 in new year-in-review clip
- Michael C. Hall sings 'Hedwig' tune in NYC
- 'Mythbusters' on new format, cast changes
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks