More than 3,000 Battlestar Galactica fans have signed on to join the show’s writing staff (including exec. producer Ron Moore, probably) on the picket line at Universal Studios lot on Friday, Nov. 16., Hollywood Insider has learned. Most of those fans will already be in town for a nearby Battlestar fan convention that weekend, and at least one major Battlestar fansite has actively followed the cause of the writers since well before the strike began. A Sci Fi Channel exec says that the strike could actually benefit fans, because it may mean the network will need to air the show’s full final season uninterrupted by a planned mid-season hiatus. Hmm. Maybe this show of fan support isn’t so altruistic after all.
'Battlestar' fans to join picket line?
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- Terry Keenan, Fox News and CNN alum, dies
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover