More than 3,000 Battlestar Galactica fans have signed on to join the show’s writing staff (including exec. producer Ron Moore, probably) on the picket line at Universal Studios lot on Friday, Nov. 16., Hollywood Insider has learned. Most of those fans will already be in town for a nearby Battlestar fan convention that weekend, and at least one major Battlestar fansite has actively followed the cause of the writers since well before the strike began. A Sci Fi Channel exec says that the strike could actually benefit fans, because it may mean the network will need to air the show’s full final season uninterrupted by a planned mid-season hiatus. Hmm. Maybe this show of fan support isn’t so altruistic after all.
'Battlestar' fans to join picket line?
Latest Videos in TV
- '300' sequel is weekend's No. 1 movie: $45M
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- Lana Parrilla previews 'Once Upon a Time'
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'Amazing Race': Phil Keoghan previews Malaysia
- 'Bachelor': Juan Pablo, we've seen this move before...
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- '24: Live Another Day' teaser: Jack vs. assassin
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!