More than 3,000 Battlestar Galactica fans have signed on to join the show’s writing staff (including exec. producer Ron Moore, probably) on the picket line at Universal Studios lot on Friday, Nov. 16., Hollywood Insider has learned. Most of those fans will already be in town for a nearby Battlestar fan convention that weekend, and at least one major Battlestar fansite has actively followed the cause of the writers since well before the strike began. A Sci Fi Channel exec says that the strike could actually benefit fans, because it may mean the network will need to air the show’s full final season uninterrupted by a planned mid-season hiatus. Hmm. Maybe this show of fan support isn’t so altruistic after all.
'Battlestar' fans to join picket line?
- 'Survivor': Eliminated contestant is...
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- Alfonso Ribeiro wins 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Kevin Smith to cameo in his own biopic
- Joni Mitchell: I nixed film with Taylor Swift
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15