More than 3,000 Battlestar Galactica fans have signed on to join the show’s writing staff (including exec. producer Ron Moore, probably) on the picket line at Universal Studios lot on Friday, Nov. 16., Hollywood Insider has learned. Most of those fans will already be in town for a nearby Battlestar fan convention that weekend, and at least one major Battlestar fansite has actively followed the cause of the writers since well before the strike began. A Sci Fi Channel exec says that the strike could actually benefit fans, because it may mean the network will need to air the show’s full final season uninterrupted by a planned mid-season hiatus. Hmm. Maybe this show of fan support isn’t so altruistic after all.
'Battlestar' fans to join picket line?
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Orphan Black': Tatiana Maslany 'high octane' promise
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Lost' exec producer Carlton Cuse looks back at plotting the finale -- and picks TV's best goodbye
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…