Mea culpa: Contrary to what has been previously reported, 3,000 Battlestar Galactica fans will not join the WGA picket line outside Universal Studios this Friday. “Someone was a little trigger-happy at the Guild,” says Battlestar strike captain Seamus Kevin Fahey, who spoke with Hollywood Insider from the picket line. The announcement, Fahey explains, was born after a casual conversation on the line about the nearby Battlestar fan convention this weekend. But only 500 BSG fans, at most, are expected to attend the fan event, which is set to start an hour after the show’s writers end their scheduled shift on the picket line. The WGA is now considering a general fan day for Friday, Nov. 16, says Fahey, though whether it would be just for NBC Universal shows or for shows from all networks is still up in the air. “We’d be happy with dozens of [Battlestar] fans,” says Fahey, “but I don’t think anybody expect[s] thousands.”
'Battlestar' fan day now a general fan day
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Ernie Hudson as...
- 'White Collar' series finale: How it ended
- David Schwimmer cast as Robert Kardashian
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks