Not all actors are doomed to meaningless music careers (ahem, Lindsay Lohan). Child star-turned-indie rocker Lukas Haas is hard at word on his debut album, and what we’ve heard so far is impressive. (Check out some almost-finished songs and Haas’s own video blog on his myspace page). Produced by Tim Anderson (IMA Robot) and Josh Abraham, who spent a good chunk of his career working with harder acts like Staind and 30 Seconds to Mars (fronted by Jared Leto), Haas’ album is due for release in mid-2008 by Pulse Recording. The album is expected to have several guest appearances, including Blake Sennet from Rilo Kiley and Jet drummer/songwriter Chris Cester, who’s been logging a lot of hours at the label’s Silverlake studio over the past few weeks.
Lukas Haas readying album
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7