Not all actors are doomed to meaningless music careers (ahem, Lindsay Lohan). Child star-turned-indie rocker Lukas Haas is hard at word on his debut album, and what we’ve heard so far is impressive. (Check out some almost-finished songs and Haas’s own video blog on his myspace page). Produced by Tim Anderson (IMA Robot) and Josh Abraham, who spent a good chunk of his career working with harder acts like Staind and 30 Seconds to Mars (fronted by Jared Leto), Haas’ album is due for release in mid-2008 by Pulse Recording. The album is expected to have several guest appearances, including Blake Sennet from Rilo Kiley and Jet drummer/songwriter Chris Cester, who’s been logging a lot of hours at the label’s Silverlake studio over the past few weeks.
Lukas Haas readying album
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- Terry Keenan, Fox News and CNN alum, dies
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover