Not to perpetuate rumors already running rampant, but this likely fake/maybe real Coachella lineup that’s making the rounds has us all abuzz. My Bloody Valentine headlining day 3? We wrote about a possible reunion back in August 2007. Radiohead on the second night? Makes sense to us, with In Rainbows just out this week. And David Bowie to kick off the weekend? That’s been talked about for years. But we dug a little deeper and confirmed that Animal Collective is indeed booked to play the festival. Other bands like Feist, Dr. Dog, and Broken Social Scene have holes in their schedules before and after the weekend of April 25, 26, and 27. But then again, there are some head-scratchers, like Lauryn Hill, who’s listed on day 3 (we’d be amazed if she knew what was on her schedule for next week, never mind three months from now), and Aphex Twin, which would be a really big deal and likely get better billing than Armin Van Buuren. Then, there are the other supposed reunions, like Soundgarden and Love and Rockets, which are nowhere to be found. Reps for Coachella promoters Goldenvoice have no comment for the time being; they’ll announce the official lineup later this month.
Is this your 2008 Coachella lineup?
Latest Videos in TV
- 'True Detective' finale: Talk about it
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'New York City Serenade'
- 'Once Upon a Time': Jennifer Morrison on Emma in Oz
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- '12 Years' writer on buzz over Oscar speech
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- Seth MacFarlane: Inside the new 'Cosmos' ship
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- 'Cosmos' then and now: The 'personal voyage' of Carl Sagan,…