Not to perpetuate rumors already running rampant, but this likely fake/maybe real Coachella lineup that’s making the rounds has us all abuzz. My Bloody Valentine headlining day 3? We wrote about a possible reunion back in August 2007. Radiohead on the second night? Makes sense to us, with In Rainbows just out this week. And David Bowie to kick off the weekend? That’s been talked about for years. But we dug a little deeper and confirmed that Animal Collective is indeed booked to play the festival. Other bands like Feist, Dr. Dog, and Broken Social Scene have holes in their schedules before and after the weekend of April 25, 26, and 27. But then again, there are some head-scratchers, like Lauryn Hill, who’s listed on day 3 (we’d be amazed if she knew what was on her schedule for next week, never mind three months from now), and Aphex Twin, which would be a really big deal and likely get better billing than Armin Van Buuren. Then, there are the other supposed reunions, like Soundgarden and Love and Rockets, which are nowhere to be found. Reps for Coachella promoters Goldenvoice have no comment for the time being; they’ll announce the official lineup later this month.
Is this your 2008 Coachella lineup?
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Xmas release
- North Korea ties found to Sony hack: Reports
- 'Interview': No DVD, VOD plans at Sony
- 'Interview' derailed: Celebs tweet reactions
- Steve Carell's North Korea-set movie off
- 'Mythbusters' to put 'Simpsons' to the test
- Stephen Collins admits to sexual abuse
- 'Annie' movie review: An autotune disaster
- Netflix: See what's new for January
- 2015 Preview: See new EW cover
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks