Not to perpetuate rumors already running rampant, but this likely fake/maybe real Coachella lineup that’s making the rounds has us all abuzz. My Bloody Valentine headlining day 3? We wrote about a possible reunion back in August 2007. Radiohead on the second night? Makes sense to us, with In Rainbows just out this week. And David Bowie to kick off the weekend? That’s been talked about for years. But we dug a little deeper and confirmed that Animal Collective is indeed booked to play the festival. Other bands like Feist, Dr. Dog, and Broken Social Scene have holes in their schedules before and after the weekend of April 25, 26, and 27. But then again, there are some head-scratchers, like Lauryn Hill, who’s listed on day 3 (we’d be amazed if she knew what was on her schedule for next week, never mind three months from now), and Aphex Twin, which would be a really big deal and likely get better billing than Armin Van Buuren. Then, there are the other supposed reunions, like Soundgarden and Love and Rockets, which are nowhere to be found. Reps for Coachella promoters Goldenvoice have no comment for the time being; they’ll announce the official lineup later this month.
Is this your 2008 Coachella lineup?
Latest Videos in TV
- Reality TV's most appalling shows (so far)
- Coldplay brings new songs to SXSW
- 'Big Bang Theory' renewed for three more years
- 'L&O: SVU': Pablo Schreiber returning
- 'Tomorrow People': Looking for them on Mondays?
- Matthew McConaughey: How he got 'Alright' x 3
- 'Orphan Black'/Criminally Underrated gems: EW cover
- 'Orphan Black' exclusive: Three clones in one photo!
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Flash' first full body costume photo
- Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' finale and 'After the Final Rose'
- This Week's Cover: Angelina Jolie is 'Maleficent'! An exclusive in-depth interview
- 'Game of Thrones' team: 7 seasons is the plan
- This Week's Cover: The criminally underrated 'Orphan Black'