Maybe NBC should have gone with American Gladiators instead. The Peacock’s two-hour Dateline, followed by an Access Hollywood-like special on the Golden Globes, averaged a mere 5.8 million viewers Sunday night, bad enough to put the network in the dismal fourth-place spot for the night. Meanwhile, Fox was the big winner: The debut of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which benefited from a huge NFL playoff game lead-in, attracted a whopping 18.3 million viewers and helped boost Fox to an evening-high average of 21.9 million viewers from 7-10 p.m., followed by CBS (13.2 million), ABC (10.8 million), and NBC (4.7 million).
Shocker! Golden Globes special tanks in ratings
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- 'Goodfellas' actor sues 'Simpsons' for $250M
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- 'John Carter' rights lapse at Disney
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Taylor Swift reveals '1989' track list