Maybe NBC should have gone with American Gladiators instead. The Peacock’s two-hour Dateline, followed by an Access Hollywood-like special on the Golden Globes, averaged a mere 5.8 million viewers Sunday night, bad enough to put the network in the dismal fourth-place spot for the night. Meanwhile, Fox was the big winner: The debut of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which benefited from a huge NFL playoff game lead-in, attracted a whopping 18.3 million viewers and helped boost Fox to an evening-high average of 21.9 million viewers from 7-10 p.m., followed by CBS (13.2 million), ABC (10.8 million), and NBC (4.7 million).
Shocker! Golden Globes special tanks in ratings
Latest Videos in TV
- Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' in N.Y.
- Whitney Houston's mom vs. biopic
- 'Sinister Six' in '16; 'Spidey 3' in '18
- 'Scandal' role for Portia de Rossi
- Michelle Fairley joins 'Resurrection'
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5': July 7, 2017
- Lucy Lawless to visit 'Agents of SHIELD'
- Carrie Preston returning to 'Good Wife'
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online