Maybe NBC should have gone with American Gladiators instead. The Peacock’s two-hour Dateline, followed by an Access Hollywood-like special on the Golden Globes, averaged a mere 5.8 million viewers Sunday night, bad enough to put the network in the dismal fourth-place spot for the night. Meanwhile, Fox was the big winner: The debut of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which benefited from a huge NFL playoff game lead-in, attracted a whopping 18.3 million viewers and helped boost Fox to an evening-high average of 21.9 million viewers from 7-10 p.m., followed by CBS (13.2 million), ABC (10.8 million), and NBC (4.7 million).
Shocker! Golden Globes special tanks in ratings
- Billy Crystal at Emmy salute to Robin Williams
- 'AHS: Freak Show' to premiere Oct. 8
- ABC eyes 'Castle'-inspired 'Derrick Storm'
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' gets a season 2
- Megan Mullally, Natalie Morales on 'Parks'
- Nicki Minaj butts in on 'Anaconda' video
- 'iZombie' gigs for Molly Hagan, Judy Reyes
- Greg Finley joins 'The Flash' as Girder
- Emma Stone set for B'way debut in 'Cabaret'
- Johnny Depp + Kevin Smith for 'Yoga Hosers'