Maybe NBC should have gone with American Gladiators instead. The Peacock’s two-hour Dateline, followed by an Access Hollywood-like special on the Golden Globes, averaged a mere 5.8 million viewers Sunday night, bad enough to put the network in the dismal fourth-place spot for the night. Meanwhile, Fox was the big winner: The debut of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which benefited from a huge NFL playoff game lead-in, attracted a whopping 18.3 million viewers and helped boost Fox to an evening-high average of 21.9 million viewers from 7-10 p.m., followed by CBS (13.2 million), ABC (10.8 million), and NBC (4.7 million).
Shocker! Golden Globes special tanks in ratings
- 'Frozen' animated short in spring '15
- 'Gotham' streaming rights go to Netflix
- 'Arrow' digital-first comic is 'Season 2.5'
- DC Comics movie clues in website names?
- CeeLo Green's 'Good Life' canceled by TBS
- Robin Williams' daughter back on Twitter
- Adele: 2 unreleased songs leak (briefly)
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI statement
- Justin Bieber: Assault charges in Ontario
- Joan Rivers on life support: Family statement