Maybe NBC should have gone with American Gladiators instead. The Peacock’s two-hour Dateline, followed by an Access Hollywood-like special on the Golden Globes, averaged a mere 5.8 million viewers Sunday night, bad enough to put the network in the dismal fourth-place spot for the night. Meanwhile, Fox was the big winner: The debut of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which benefited from a huge NFL playoff game lead-in, attracted a whopping 18.3 million viewers and helped boost Fox to an evening-high average of 21.9 million viewers from 7-10 p.m., followed by CBS (13.2 million), ABC (10.8 million), and NBC (4.7 million).
Shocker! Golden Globes special tanks in ratings
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- Tom Hiddleston wrote Thanks for Loki note
- Jim Gaffigan series to air on TV Land
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig for Jenny Slate
- 'Blacklist' gig for Krysten Ritter
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Star Wars': Marvel Comics reveals plans