Maybe NBC should have gone with American Gladiators instead. The Peacock’s two-hour Dateline, followed by an Access Hollywood-like special on the Golden Globes, averaged a mere 5.8 million viewers Sunday night, bad enough to put the network in the dismal fourth-place spot for the night. Meanwhile, Fox was the big winner: The debut of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which benefited from a huge NFL playoff game lead-in, attracted a whopping 18.3 million viewers and helped boost Fox to an evening-high average of 21.9 million viewers from 7-10 p.m., followed by CBS (13.2 million), ABC (10.8 million), and NBC (4.7 million).
Jan 14 2008 09:59 PM ET
Shocker! Golden Globes special tanks in ratings
- 'Voice' season 4: And the winner is...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- Edward Furlong charged with assault in L.A.
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- 'Anchorman 2': We know that mustache...
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Prometheus' sequel hires a new writer