It was almost a year ago when talk of a Scarlett Johansson-Tom Waits tribute album started making the rounds, and today comes word that the actress will release her debut, album called Anywhere I Lay My Head (the title is inspired by a song off Waits’ 1985 album Rain Dogs), on the recently revived Atco Records, an imprint of Warner’s Rhino Entertainment. The album will street on May 20 and features 10 Waits songs and one original, according to the label. Collaborators include Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist Nick Zimmer and TV on the Radio producer David Sitek. Johannsson recorded most of the album at Dockside Studios in Maurice, Louisiana last spring, a favorite of blues legend BB King and roots rockers like Derek Trucks Band. Last May, Johansson made an appearance at Coachella, joining Jesus and Mary Chain for their song, "Just Like Honey," which was featured on the Lost in Translation soundtrack. At the time, frontman William Reed told us Scarlett was "a really good singer."
Scarlett Johansson to release long-awaited album
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift Wishes
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale recap: A Mother's Work
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff talks about tonight's shocker ending
- 'Sons of Anarchy' postmortem: Jimmy Smits on Nero's choices (and cardigans)