Starz is developing a new TV series based on the Best Picture Oscar-winning 2005 movie Crash. Don Cheadle (pictured), who starred in and produced the film, will also produce the series along with the film’s writer-director, Paul Haggis, co-writer-producer Bobby Moresco, and producers Bob Yari, Mark R. Harris, and Tom Nunan. Lionsgate, which distributed the movie, will also co-produce the show along with Starz. The Crash series, set to debut sometime this year and roll out 13 one-hour episodes, will be the cable channel’s first original drama series.
Starz launching 'Crash' TV series
- 'Big Brother': Evicted houseguest is...
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- Dick Smith, makeup effects legend, dies
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- 'Sharknado 2': 3.9M dive in, a Syfy record
- 'Doctor Who' TV/theatrical dates set
- Rob Zombie crowdfunds killer clown movie
- Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater': Nov. 7
- Lorde to curate 'Mockingjay' soundtrack