Starz is developing a new TV series based on the Best Picture Oscar-winning 2005 movie Crash. Don Cheadle (pictured), who starred in and produced the film, will also produce the series along with the film’s writer-director, Paul Haggis, co-writer-producer Bobby Moresco, and producers Bob Yari, Mark R. Harris, and Tom Nunan. Lionsgate, which distributed the movie, will also co-produce the show along with Starz. The Crash series, set to debut sometime this year and roll out 13 one-hour episodes, will be the cable channel’s first original drama series.
Starz launching 'Crash' TV series
- 'Mockingjay' aims to keep box office crown
- P.D. James, crime novelist, dies at 94
- 'Red Band Society' production halted
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Netflix: See what's new for December
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15