Despite the recent drama at EMI (massive lay-offs and restructuring), which resulted in at least one marquee artist — Robbie Williams — threatening to hold his album hostage, not all of the label’s major acts are considering a walk-out. Fellow international superstar Kylie Minogue tells Hollywood Insider she has no plans to seek out a deal like Madonna’s LiveNation pact. “I don’t like to commit myself for however many years,” she says. “Rather than take a big chunk of the cake, I go slowly.” But with a new album to promote (X, due out in March), Minogue does admit the label turmoil has affected her world. “It’s so demoralizing for the team. At the rate we’re going, I’ll be the only one at the record company!”
Kylie Minogue: an EMI loyalist (for now)
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Fargo' premiere: Martin Freeman talks THAT scene
- Movie-inspired TV: Best/worst
- TV stars with multiple signature roles
- Fargo? Twin Peaks? Movie/TV surreal estate guide
- 'New Girl' recap: 'Big News'
- 'Voice' recap: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Kaufman!
- 'Originals' react: 'The Big Uneasy'
- 'Mindy Project' recap: The case of the missing scarf
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- George R.R. Martin on why [spoiler] died THAT way -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson talks royal wedding shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'