Despite the recent drama at EMI (massive lay-offs and restructuring), which resulted in at least one marquee artist — Robbie Williams — threatening to hold his album hostage, not all of the label’s major acts are considering a walk-out. Fellow international superstar Kylie Minogue tells Hollywood Insider she has no plans to seek out a deal like Madonna’s LiveNation pact. “I don’t like to commit myself for however many years,” she says. “Rather than take a big chunk of the cake, I go slowly.” But with a new album to promote (X, due out in March), Minogue does admit the label turmoil has affected her world. “It’s so demoralizing for the team. At the rate we’re going, I’ll be the only one at the record company!”
Kylie Minogue: an EMI loyalist (for now)
- 'Twilight Saga': 5 short films on Facebook
- 'Selfie' premiere ratings: Little to 'like'
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record
- Tracy Morgan responds to Walmart filing
- King Kong animated series coming to Netflix
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'
- 'Chicago Fire' react: 'Wow Me'
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' react: 'Carrier'
- David Fincher to direct HBO series 'Utopia'
- Dominic Cooper joins 'Agent Carter' cast