Despite the recent drama at EMI (massive lay-offs and restructuring), which resulted in at least one marquee artist — Robbie Williams — threatening to hold his album hostage, not all of the label’s major acts are considering a walk-out. Fellow international superstar Kylie Minogue tells Hollywood Insider she has no plans to seek out a deal like Madonna’s LiveNation pact. “I don’t like to commit myself for however many years,” she says. “Rather than take a big chunk of the cake, I go slowly.” But with a new album to promote (X, due out in March), Minogue does admit the label turmoil has affected her world. “It’s so demoralizing for the team. At the rate we’re going, I’ll be the only one at the record company!”
Kylie Minogue: an EMI loyalist (for now)
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 'White Collar' series finale: How it ended
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks