The title of Madonna’s forthcoming album will be Hard Candy, EW.com has learned exclusively. The record, her last studio effort for Warner Bros., includes a track called “Candy Store.” Madonna chose to stick with the sweet theme because “she loves candy,” says her longtime rep Liz Rosenberg. “It’s about
the juxtaposition of tough
and sweetness, or as Madonna so eloquently expressed ‘I’m gonna kick your ass, but it’s going to make you
feel good.'” The album, which features Justin Timberlake on multiple tracks and production by Pharrell Williams, Timbaland, and Nate “Danja” Hills, will see a U.S. release on April 29. The first single, “Four
Minutes,” will be out at the end of March.
Madonna's album title, release date confirmed
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 'White Collar' series finale: How it ended
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks