The title of Madonna’s forthcoming album will be Hard Candy, EW.com has learned exclusively. The record, her last studio effort for Warner Bros., includes a track called “Candy Store.” Madonna chose to stick with the sweet theme because “she loves candy,” says her longtime rep Liz Rosenberg. “It’s about
the juxtaposition of tough
and sweetness, or as Madonna so eloquently expressed ‘I’m gonna kick your ass, but it’s going to make you
feel good.’” The album, which features Justin Timberlake on multiple tracks and production by Pharrell Williams, Timbaland, and Nate “Danja” Hills, will see a U.S. release on April 29. The first single, “Four
Minutes,” will be out at the end of March.
Madonna's album title, release date confirmed
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Bachelor': Juan Pablo, we've seen this move before...
- '300' sequel is weekend's No. 1 movie: $45M
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- 'Amazing Race': Phil Keoghan previews Malaysia
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- '24: Live Another Day' teaser: Jack vs. assassin
- 'Walking Dead': Lauren Cohan on Maggie and Glenn
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!