The title of Madonna’s forthcoming album will be Hard Candy, EW.com has learned exclusively. The record, her last studio effort for Warner Bros., includes a track called “Candy Store.” Madonna chose to stick with the sweet theme because “she loves candy,” says her longtime rep Liz Rosenberg. “It’s about
the juxtaposition of tough
and sweetness, or as Madonna so eloquently expressed ‘I’m gonna kick your ass, but it’s going to make you
feel good.'” The album, which features Justin Timberlake on multiple tracks and production by Pharrell Williams, Timbaland, and Nate “Danja” Hills, will see a U.S. release on April 29. The first single, “Four
Minutes,” will be out at the end of March.
Madonna's album title, release date confirmed
- 'Birdman,' 'Lego' win Producers Guild Awards
- 'The Bronze,' 2 more films sold at Sundance
- Julia Roberts on board for 'Batkid' movie
- Gymnastic sex scene scores '10' at Sundance
- Netflix: See what's new for February
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2': No role for Ronan
- 'Fifty Shades': THAT scene won't be in film
- 'Hateful Eight' supporting cast revealed
- 'MasterChef Junior' chimp scene won't air
- Biblical saga among 5 pilots in works at ABC
- Sophie Turner as Jean Grey in next 'X-Men'
- 'Glee' alum Melissa Benoist in as 'Supergirl'