The title of Madonna’s forthcoming album will be Hard Candy, EW.com has learned exclusively. The record, her last studio effort for Warner Bros., includes a track called “Candy Store.” Madonna chose to stick with the sweet theme because “she loves candy,” says her longtime rep Liz Rosenberg. “It’s about
the juxtaposition of tough
and sweetness, or as Madonna so eloquently expressed ‘I’m gonna kick your ass, but it’s going to make you
feel good.’” The album, which features Justin Timberlake on multiple tracks and production by Pharrell Williams, Timbaland, and Nate “Danja” Hills, will see a U.S. release on April 29. The first single, “Four
Minutes,” will be out at the end of March.
Madonna's album title, release date confirmed
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Of Mice and Men': EW stage review
- 'Survivor' recap: The Man Who Could Not Stand Still
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'Dawson's Creek': Kevin Williamson on how it ended
- 'Vampire Diaries': Paul Wesley nixes shirtless Stefan
- 'Arrow' react: 'The Man Under the Hood'
- 'Friends': The one about making the finale final
- '30 Rock': What made Liz Lemon's sendoff so sweet?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson's picture-perfect reaction to the Purple Wedding -- PHOTO
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features
- 'The Simpsons' producers spill details on Lego episode; plus, first image of Lego Homer!