One’s a smooth R&B balladeer, the other’s an angsty emo wailer — and now Ne-Yo and Fall Out Boy singer Patrick Stump are making beautiful music together. Stump exclusively tells EW.com that he and his Island Def Jam labelmate recorded a Ne-Yo composition titled "Finish Your Food" during a recent studio hang session. "It’s an R&B jam," says Stump of the duet. "A real good Ne-Yo signature, lyrical story-song." And what kind of story might that be? "I don’t want to spoil it! It’s the Cloverfield thing: You can’t give too much away. But I will say that I gotta give him credit for it. It’s one of the craziest concepts for a song I’ve ever heard, lyrically." Ne-Yo’s publicist tells EW she isn’t aware of any current release plans for "Finish Your Food," but Stump is keeping his fingers crossed. "Hopefully that sees the light of day," he adds. "I love the sound of our voices together."
Ne-Yo records duet with Fall Out Boy's Patrick Stump
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- 'Mockingjay': 2014's top movie presale tix
- Dean Norris as 'American Dad' guest voice
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'