One’s a smooth R&B balladeer, the other’s an angsty emo wailer — and now Ne-Yo and Fall Out Boy singer Patrick Stump are making beautiful music together. Stump exclusively tells EW.com that he and his Island Def Jam labelmate recorded a Ne-Yo composition titled "Finish Your Food" during a recent studio hang session. "It’s an R&B jam," says Stump of the duet. "A real good Ne-Yo signature, lyrical story-song." And what kind of story might that be? "I don’t want to spoil it! It’s the Cloverfield thing: You can’t give too much away. But I will say that I gotta give him credit for it. It’s one of the craziest concepts for a song I’ve ever heard, lyrically." Ne-Yo’s publicist tells EW she isn’t aware of any current release plans for "Finish Your Food," but Stump is keeping his fingers crossed. "Hopefully that sees the light of day," he adds. "I love the sound of our voices together."
Ne-Yo records duet with Fall Out Boy's Patrick Stump
- Stephen King's '11/22/63' as Hulu miniseries
- 'Madam Secretary': Big debut in older demo
- N.Y. Times public editor vs. article on Rhimes
- 'South Park' takes aim at 'Redskins' debate
- Colin Farrell: I'm doing 'True Detective 2'
- 'Maze Runner' sequel set for Sept. 2015
- 'The Strain' react: 'The Third Rail'
- 'Ray Donovan' react: 'Rodef'
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS