American Idol contestant David Hernandez has finally broken his silence on press reports that he performed nude, reportedly for a “mostly male” clientele, at a Phoenix, Arizona, strip club called Dick’s Cabaret. “You know, honestly, I’m here to sing,” Hernandez told EW.com at the Idol Top 12 party in West Hollywood on March 6. The singer appeared cool-headed and relaxed, despite the controversy. “I think America’s judging us all off of our voices right now. Obviously they were, because I’m still in the Top 12, thank God. So I’m not really concerned with what’s going on [with those reports]. I’m just focused on singing, because that’s what I’m here to do.” Look for a full report on all the Idol finalists later today on EW.com.
'Idol''s David Hernandez breaks silence on stripper reports: "I'm here to sing"
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 rumors debunked
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover
- AMC to acquire 49.9 percent of BBC America
- CMT doubles up on 'Party Down South'
- Christian Bale as Steve Jobs, says Sorkin
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk