American Idol contestant David Hernandez has finally broken his silence on press reports that he performed nude, reportedly for a “mostly male” clientele, at a Phoenix, Arizona, strip club called Dick’s Cabaret. “You know, honestly, I’m here to sing,” Hernandez told EW.com at the Idol Top 12 party in West Hollywood on March 6. The singer appeared cool-headed and relaxed, despite the controversy. “I think America’s judging us all off of our voices right now. Obviously they were, because I’m still in the Top 12, thank God. So I’m not really concerned with what’s going on [with those reports]. I’m just focused on singing, because that’s what I’m here to do.” Look for a full report on all the Idol finalists later today on EW.com.
'Idol''s David Hernandez breaks silence on stripper reports: "I'm here to sing"
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016
- Michael Bay 'Untitled Cocaine Project' at TNT
- 'Voice' winner Josh Kaufman gets B'way role
- 'Red Band Society' debuts to sickly ratings
- 'Godzilla' has a 'Breaking Bad' Easter egg
- Darrell Hammond is new 'SNL' announcer
- 'Agents of SHIELD' brings back 'Donnie Gill'
- '7th Heaven' cast reunites (minus Ruthie)
- 'Magic Mike XXL': No Matthew McConaughey
- Aubrey Plaza: Voice of Lifetime's Grumpy Cat