Anyone who managed to score an invite to Fox’s American Idol “Top 12″ party in West Hollywood on Thursday didn’t get to stargaze at Paula Abdul — she and fellow judges Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson, along with Ryan Seacrest, avoided the scene. But Abdul was certainly there in spirit. Or, that is, in a spirit. Anyone who bellied up to the bar could order a special drink that may (or may not) have been an intentional shout-out to Abdul’s more memorable moments of stuttering and stumbling on camera: Paula’s Punch. A sweet concoction of pineapple, grenadine, and some colorless liquor that can burn the hair off your chest if guzzled individually, the sunrise-colored concoction could have you channeling the loopy Abdul in four sips or less.
Paula Abdul attends 'American Idol' party in spirit
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- Terry Keenan, Fox News and CNN alum, dies
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover