Anyone who managed to score an invite to Fox’s American Idol “Top 12″ party in West Hollywood on Thursday didn’t get to stargaze at Paula Abdul — she and fellow judges Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson, along with Ryan Seacrest, avoided the scene. But Abdul was certainly there in spirit. Or, that is, in a spirit. Anyone who bellied up to the bar could order a special drink that may (or may not) have been an intentional shout-out to Abdul’s more memorable moments of stuttering and stumbling on camera: Paula’s Punch. A sweet concoction of pineapple, grenadine, and some colorless liquor that can burn the hair off your chest if guzzled individually, the sunrise-colored concoction could have you channeling the loopy Abdul in four sips or less.
Mar 8 2008 12:56 AM ET
Paula Abdul attends 'American Idol' party in spirit
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer
- 'Only God Forgives': Cannes review
- Cassadee Pope: Hear her new single
- Jeanne Cooper tribute: First Look photo
- 'Idol': Candice Glover album out July 16
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16