Anyone who managed to score an invite to Fox’s American Idol “Top 12″ party in West Hollywood on Thursday didn’t get to stargaze at Paula Abdul — she and fellow judges Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson, along with Ryan Seacrest, avoided the scene. But Abdul was certainly there in spirit. Or, that is, in a spirit. Anyone who bellied up to the bar could order a special drink that may (or may not) have been an intentional shout-out to Abdul’s more memorable moments of stuttering and stumbling on camera: Paula’s Punch. A sweet concoction of pineapple, grenadine, and some colorless liquor that can burn the hair off your chest if guzzled individually, the sunrise-colored concoction could have you channeling the loopy Abdul in four sips or less.
Paula Abdul attends 'American Idol' party in spirit
- 'Wizard of Oz' series nixed at NBC
- 'Schoolhouse Rock' special coming to ABC
- 'Sleepy Hollow' to stream at Hulu Plus
- 'Dating Naked' sued for failure to blur
- Niecy Nash joins 'The Mindy Project'
- 'Hateful Eight': Know them by name
- 'Parks and Rec' role for Rachel Dratch
- Jim Parsons talks 'Big Bang,' Emmys
- Lena Dunham shares quick 'Girls' teaser
- Paul Reubens to play 'Blacklist' baddie