The highly-anticipated Comedy Central roast of country legend Willie Nelson has been postponed indefinitely, the network confirms. Scheduling conflicts, including Nelson’s upcoming European tour, have forced the network to reconsider the airdate (originally slated for April 17); a new date has yet to be determined. The roast would have preceded Nelson’s 75th birthday on April 30 and coincided nicely with the release of One Hell of a Ride, a four-CD boxed set chronicling 50-plus years of recordings (due April 1). Nelson is currently in New Mexico filming Beer for My Horses, a movie starring Toby Keith that shares the name of his No. 1 country hit. Nelson plays a circus ringmaster opposite David Allen Coe. Other noteworthy cast members include rocker Ted Nugent and actress Gina Gershon.
Willie Nelson Comedy Central roast is postponed
Latest Videos in TV
- HBO shows coming to Amazon Prime
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- John Green set to talk 'Fault' at BookCon panel
- 'Glee' recap: 'Opening Night'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- Colbert on 'Late Show' looks slighty nervous -- VIDEO 530
- Slaves to Love 455
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 492
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 366
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO