The highly-anticipated Comedy Central roast of country legend Willie Nelson has been postponed indefinitely, the network confirms. Scheduling conflicts, including Nelson’s upcoming European tour, have forced the network to reconsider the airdate (originally slated for April 17); a new date has yet to be determined. The roast would have preceded Nelson’s 75th birthday on April 30 and coincided nicely with the release of One Hell of a Ride, a four-CD boxed set chronicling 50-plus years of recordings (due April 1). Nelson is currently in New Mexico filming Beer for My Horses, a movie starring Toby Keith that shares the name of his No. 1 country hit. Nelson plays a circus ringmaster opposite David Allen Coe. Other noteworthy cast members include rocker Ted Nugent and actress Gina Gershon.
Willie Nelson Comedy Central roast is postponed
- 'Agent Carter': Shea Whigham in key role
- Stephen King's '11/22/63' as Hulu miniseries
- Kris Jenner files for divorce
- 'Madam Secretary': Big debut in older demo
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance's tease
- N.Y. Times public editor vs. article on Rhimes
- 'South Park' takes aim at 'Redskins' debate
- Colin Farrell: I'm doing 'True Detective 2'
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS