Comedian Dave Chappelle was spotted at the Fillmore in San Francisco on Wednesday night, taking in the sold out Black Crowes concert. A longtime pal of Crowes frontman Chris Robinson, Chappelle stayed through the show, in which the band played their new album, Warpaint, in its entirety, then continued on to the Punchline comedy club to do a marathon stand-up set, the latest in a string of his own sold out Bay Area appearances, which typically start at midnight and go until six in the morning. Still, six hours remains one hour short of Dane Cook’s current record, which he set in January, besting Chappelle’s record-setting six-plus-hour routine from last December. “It isn’t something we went into competitively,” Cook recently said. “If anybody could get up there and entertain people for more than seven hours, it would be Dave, but I think the seven hours will probably stand for some time.” Chappelle and Cook may get the chance to go head-to-head this June. New York comedy club Comic Strip Live has invited both of them to take part in a 50-hour comedy show aimed at setting a new Guinness World Record.
Dave Chappelle in San Fran: concert and a comedy set
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- 'Orphan Black' recap: Only the Clonely
- 'Orphan Black' showrunners on THAT return...
- 'Orphan Black' shocker: Tatiana Maslany says...
- Acts of God: 12 TV/movie Jesuses
- 20 big-time pop culture bunnies
- 20 'high-rated' stoner flicks
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Mara Wilson has 'no interest' in 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes