At a March 22 bash on the eve of his 30th birthday, Perez Hilton not only received the first double-platinum plaque for Amy Winehouse’s Back to Black, an album which the blogger and tastemaker championed long before its U.S. release, but later was treated to a surprise performance by the Pussycat Dolls. The blond-haired scribe (given name: Mario Lavandeira Jr.) called the event at the Beverly Wilshire hotel his Quinceañera (an appropriate title considering the location had a strange Super Sweet Sixteen feel to it). Famous guests included Amanda Bynes, The Hills’ Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, and a Kardashian or two. But it was Pussycat Dolls’ Nicole Scherzinger’s saucy, R-rated dedication that really got tongues wagging. “I’m especially excited to be one of the very privileged, lucky, chosen ones to have graced the pages of perezhilton.com… with driplets coming out of my mouth,” she told an already rowdy crowd, before asking, “How many of you wanna see P-Nasty get a birthday spanking?” After a single lashing, the Dolls proclaimed the birthday boy their sixth member and presented him with a bedazzled official PCD sweatshirt that read, “Don’t you wish your boyfriend were hot like Perez?” The self-declared “Queen of all Media” then joined the girls to sing their hit song, “Don’t Cha,” proving that, when it comes to music, he feels just as comfortable on stage as he does behind the scenes. What’s next? A Perez Hilton rap record?
Pussycat Dolls give Perez Hilton a spanking
- '7th Heaven' cast reunites (minus Ruthie)
- Iggy Azalea sues ex-boyfriend over songs
- Bill Hader to host 'SNL' on Oct. 11
- Matt Smith + Jane Austen + zombies
- 'Paranormal Activity 5' retitled, moves to '15
- 'Mystery Science Theater 3000' on Vimeo
- James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis in 'Agent Carter'
- 'Destiny': $325M in sales in five days
- 'New Girl' returns sexier, but loses viewers
- Tom Hiddleston to star in 'Skull Island'