The producers of the promising new comedy Back To You may be looking to reboot the sitcom now that it’s back in originals on Fox. A source close to the production says that actress Ayda Field (pictured), who plays weather girl Montana Diaz Herrera, may leave the freshman laugher to make way for a new cast member. Herrera is expected to appear in at least one more episode before departing the comedy that stars Patricia Heaton and Kelsey Grammer as two anchors who work for a Pittsburgh TV station. Meanwhile, a Fox spokesman said the producers decided to “go in a different direction” by casting Lily Jackson (My Name is Earl) as 10-year-old Gracie Carr, the daughter of Kelly (Heaton) and Chuck (Grammer). Gracie was previously played by Laura Marano. Jackson made her first appearance in the April 16 episode. Back To You will wrap its first season on May 14.
'Back to You' undergoes casting changes
- 'Mockingjay' aims to keep box office crown
- P.D. James, crime novelist, dies at 94
- 'Red Band Society' production halted
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Netflix: See what's new for December
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15