Fox just gave the low-rated comedy Til Death a stay of execution, but the sitcom starring Brad Garrett will undergo some major changes when it returns for its third season this fall. A source close to the show confirms to EW.com that Fox has apparently abandoned Death’s original premise — newlyweds’ move in next door to a grumpy, long-married couple — by dropping the young characters of Jeff and Steph Woodcock (Kat Foster and Eddie Kaye Thomas) and making way for a new story line involving Kenny Westchester (Curb Your Enthusiasm‘s JB Smoove). Westchester was introduced earlier this year as a “Little Brother” to Eddie (Garrett) in the Big Brothers charity organization, despite the fact that Kenny is in his late 30s.
'Til Death' gets third-season pickup...but with a catch
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Once Upon a Time': Flying monkeys!
- 'American Idol' recap: Roll down a familiar road
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Clone Wars': Final 13 answer big 'Star Wars' Q's
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away'
- Aaron Carter + Hilary Duff for Throwback Thursday