Fox just gave the low-rated comedy Til Death a stay of execution, but the sitcom starring Brad Garrett will undergo some major changes when it returns for its third season this fall. A source close to the show confirms to EW.com that Fox has apparently abandoned Death’s original premise — newlyweds’ move in next door to a grumpy, long-married couple — by dropping the young characters of Jeff and Steph Woodcock (Kat Foster and Eddie Kaye Thomas) and making way for a new story line involving Kenny Westchester (Curb Your Enthusiasm‘s JB Smoove). Westchester was introduced earlier this year as a “Little Brother” to Eddie (Garrett) in the Big Brothers charity organization, despite the fact that Kenny is in his late 30s.
May 14 2008 03:58 AM ET
'Til Death' gets third-season pickup...but with a catch
- 'Voice' season 4: And the winner is...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- 'Channing All Over Your Tatum': Kimmel clip
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- Miss USA 2013: Our recap in pictures
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- 'Man of Steel' gets religion?