Fox just gave the low-rated comedy Til Death a stay of execution, but the sitcom starring Brad Garrett will undergo some major changes when it returns for its third season this fall. A source close to the show confirms to EW.com that Fox has apparently abandoned Death’s original premise — newlyweds’ move in next door to a grumpy, long-married couple — by dropping the young characters of Jeff and Steph Woodcock (Kat Foster and Eddie Kaye Thomas) and making way for a new story line involving Kenny Westchester (Curb Your Enthusiasm‘s JB Smoove). Westchester was introduced earlier this year as a “Little Brother” to Eddie (Garrett) in the Big Brothers charity organization, despite the fact that Kenny is in his late 30s.
'Til Death' gets third-season pickup...but with a catch
Latest Videos in TV
- Gene Simmons to Hall of Fame: KISS off!
- Reality TV's most appalling shows (so far)
- 'Big Bang Theory' renewed for three more years
- 'L&O: SVU': Pablo Schreiber returning
- 'Tomorrow People': Looking for them on Mondays?
- Matthew McConaughey: How he got 'Alright' x 3
- 'Orphan Black'/Criminally Underrated gems: EW cover
- 'Orphan Black' exclusive: Three clones in one photo!