Fox just gave the low-rated comedy Til Death a stay of execution, but the sitcom starring Brad Garrett will undergo some major changes when it returns for its third season this fall. A source close to the show confirms to EW.com that Fox has apparently abandoned Death’s original premise — newlyweds’ move in next door to a grumpy, long-married couple — by dropping the young characters of Jeff and Steph Woodcock (Kat Foster and Eddie Kaye Thomas) and making way for a new story line involving Kenny Westchester (Curb Your Enthusiasm‘s JB Smoove). Westchester was introduced earlier this year as a “Little Brother” to Eddie (Garrett) in the Big Brothers charity organization, despite the fact that Kenny is in his late 30s.
'Til Death' gets third-season pickup...but with a catch
Latest Videos in TV
- Christopher Nolan's first Comic-Con
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'Big Brother': Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Veronica Mars' fans win mtvU honors
- Mark Hamill talks 'Star Wars' at BBC
- 'Legend of Korra' to move online
- 'Pornstache' not returning to 'OITNB'?
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting Prince Hans