While Scott Weiland treks cross-country on the Stone Temple Pilots reunion tour, his other former band, Velvet Revolver, is hard at work finding a new singer. EW.com has learned that Royston Langdon —frontman for Spacehog (who had a 1995 hit with “In the Meantime” ) and estranged husband of Liv Tyler — is in the running for the gig after several successful jam sessions in Los Angeles. “They all got along great,” says an insider. “It was really a refreshing change for the band.” Velvet Revolver’s management couldn’t confirm that an offer had been made, and would only say that they’re still auditioning prospective singers. But an RCA source says that Langdon is “definitely in the mix.”
Spacehog's Royston Langdon in the running for Velvet Revolver frontman
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Fargo' season 1 to stream only on Hulu
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- People Mag Award guests talk 'The Interview'
- People Magazine Award winners are...
- 'Parenthood' series finale date: Jan. 29
- 'Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- 'Once Upon a Time' return for Eion Bailey
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks