While Scott Weiland treks cross-country on the Stone Temple Pilots reunion tour, his other former band, Velvet Revolver, is hard at work finding a new singer. EW.com has learned that Royston Langdon —frontman for Spacehog (who had a 1995 hit with “In the Meantime” ) and estranged husband of Liv Tyler — is in the running for the gig after several successful jam sessions in Los Angeles. “They all got along great,” says an insider. “It was really a refreshing change for the band.” Velvet Revolver’s management couldn’t confirm that an offer had been made, and would only say that they’re still auditioning prospective singers. But an RCA source says that Langdon is “definitely in the mix.”
Spacehog's Royston Langdon in the running for Velvet Revolver frontman
- 'Red Band Society' production halted
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- 'Survivor': Eliminated contestant is...
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Netflix: See what's new for December
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- Joni Mitchell: I nixed film with Taylor Swift
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15