While Scott Weiland treks cross-country on the Stone Temple Pilots reunion tour, his other former band, Velvet Revolver, is hard at work finding a new singer. EW.com has learned that Royston Langdon —frontman for Spacehog (who had a 1995 hit with “In the Meantime” ) and estranged husband of Liv Tyler — is in the running for the gig after several successful jam sessions in Los Angeles. “They all got along great,” says an insider. “It was really a refreshing change for the band.” Velvet Revolver’s management couldn’t confirm that an offer had been made, and would only say that they’re still auditioning prospective singers. But an RCA source says that Langdon is “definitely in the mix.”
Spacehog's Royston Langdon in the running for Velvet Revolver frontman
- '7th Heaven' cast reunites (minus Ruthie)
- Iggy Azalea sues ex-boyfriend over songs
- Bill Hader to host 'SNL' on Oct. 11
- Matt Smith + Jane Austen + zombies
- 'Paranormal Activity 5' retitled, moves to '15
- 'Mystery Science Theater 3000' on Vimeo
- James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis in 'Agent Carter'
- 'Destiny': $325M in sales in five days
- 'New Girl' returns sexier, but loses viewers
- Tom Hiddleston to star in 'Skull Island'