While Scott Weiland treks cross-country on the Stone Temple Pilots reunion tour, his other former band, Velvet Revolver, is hard at work finding a new singer. EW.com has learned that Royston Langdon —frontman for Spacehog (who had a 1995 hit with “In the Meantime” ) and estranged husband of Liv Tyler — is in the running for the gig after several successful jam sessions in Los Angeles. “They all got along great,” says an insider. “It was really a refreshing change for the band.” Velvet Revolver’s management couldn’t confirm that an offer had been made, and would only say that they’re still auditioning prospective singers. But an RCA source says that Langdon is “definitely in the mix.”
Spacehog's Royston Langdon in the running for Velvet Revolver frontman
- Emma Stone set for B'way debut in 'Cabaret'
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' gets a season 2
- Johnny Depp + Kevin Smith for 'Yoga Hosers'
- Megan Mullally, Natalie Morales on 'Parks'
- 'Selfie' pilot on Hulu before ABC premiere
- Eva Longoria arc on 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' cryptic L.A. billboard
- 'Arrow' casts Matt Ward as villain Komodo
- Benedict Cumberbatch in WB's 'Jungle Book'
- Chris Pratt posts photo of van he lived in