While Scott Weiland treks cross-country on the Stone Temple Pilots reunion tour, his other former band, Velvet Revolver, is hard at work finding a new singer. EW.com has learned that Royston Langdon —frontman for Spacehog (who had a 1995 hit with “In the Meantime” ) and estranged husband of Liv Tyler — is in the running for the gig after several successful jam sessions in Los Angeles. “They all got along great,” says an insider. “It was really a refreshing change for the band.” Velvet Revolver’s management couldn’t confirm that an offer had been made, and would only say that they’re still auditioning prospective singers. But an RCA source says that Langdon is “definitely in the mix.”
Spacehog's Royston Langdon in the running for Velvet Revolver frontman
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Arrow' react: 'Seeing Red'
- 'Arrow' boss talks 'Seeing Red' shocker
- 'Survivor': Exiting player is...
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- 'John From Cincinnati': Why not ready for Prime time?
- TV clip shows: 5 all-time standouts
- 'Mean Girls' star comes out in letter to his character
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 651
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 494
- Slaves to Love 464
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 508
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE