While Scott Weiland treks cross-country on the Stone Temple Pilots reunion tour, his other former band, Velvet Revolver, is hard at work finding a new singer. EW.com has learned that Royston Langdon —frontman for Spacehog (who had a 1995 hit with “In the Meantime” ) and estranged husband of Liv Tyler — is in the running for the gig after several successful jam sessions in Los Angeles. “They all got along great,” says an insider. “It was really a refreshing change for the band.” Velvet Revolver’s management couldn’t confirm that an offer had been made, and would only say that they’re still auditioning prospective singers. But an RCA source says that Langdon is “definitely in the mix.”
Spacehog's Royston Langdon in the running for Velvet Revolver frontman
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Salem' series premiere: Worth a look?
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- 'Orphan Black' showrunners on THAT return...
- 'Orphan Black' recap: Only the Clonely
- 'Orphan Black' shocker: Tatiana Maslany says...
- Acts of God: 12 TV/movie Jesuses
- 20 big-time pop culture bunnies
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- Mara Wilson has 'no interest' in 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like