While Scott Weiland treks cross-country on the Stone Temple Pilots reunion tour, his other former band, Velvet Revolver, is hard at work finding a new singer. EW.com has learned that Royston Langdon —frontman for Spacehog (who had a 1995 hit with “In the Meantime” ) and estranged husband of Liv Tyler — is in the running for the gig after several successful jam sessions in Los Angeles. “They all got along great,” says an insider. “It was really a refreshing change for the band.” Velvet Revolver’s management couldn’t confirm that an offer had been made, and would only say that they’re still auditioning prospective singers. But an RCA source says that Langdon is “definitely in the mix.”
Jul 30 2008 11:06 AM ET
Spacehog's Royston Langdon in the running for Velvet Revolver frontman
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!
- Jimmy Kimmel: Not the 'Nude Bea' buyer
- 'Fast & Furious': 5 films in 1 day?!