While Scott Weiland treks cross-country on the Stone Temple Pilots reunion tour, his other former band, Velvet Revolver, is hard at work finding a new singer. EW.com has learned that Royston Langdon —frontman for Spacehog (who had a 1995 hit with “In the Meantime” ) and estranged husband of Liv Tyler — is in the running for the gig after several successful jam sessions in Los Angeles. “They all got along great,” says an insider. “It was really a refreshing change for the band.” Velvet Revolver’s management couldn’t confirm that an offer had been made, and would only say that they’re still auditioning prospective singers. But an RCA source says that Langdon is “definitely in the mix.”
Spacehog's Royston Langdon in the running for Velvet Revolver frontman
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS spinoff series
- 'Ghostbusters' reboot set for July 22, 2016
- 'Steve Jobs' finalizes cast, begins filming
- Christopher Reeve's son joins 'SportsCenter'
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- 'Togetherness' renewed by HBO for season 2
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales surge
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Apple Watch expected to ship in April
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum