For those Beverly Hills, 90210 fans out there who were crushed by recent online reports that Tori Spelling will not be appearing on The CW’s new 90210 reboot this fall, take heart — Jennie Garth feels your pain. The star, who will reprise her role as Kelly Taylor on 90210 this fall, tells EW.com that she was disappointed by online reports that Spelling dropped out of The CW series after not being offered the same amount of money as Garth and fellow former co-star Shannen Doherty. “[The press thinks] we’re at war over salary with Tori. I didn’t know I was at war with Tori,” Garth told EW.com. “I’m really bummed because I love Tori and I was psyched Tori was going to be on the show. I think she should definitely get paid as much as either of us is getting paid. Her father created the show. It just seems wrong if that’s the case. I don’t know what really happened because I haven’t talked to her. I would like to talk to her.” Doherty adds that she isn’t taking the deadlinehollywooddaily.com report about Spelling’s salary dispute — which claimed Garth and Doherty were being paid “$35,000-$50,000” per episode versus Spelling’s proposed salary of “$10,000-$20,000” per episode — at face value. “They didn’t even get the numbers right,” says the actress, who will reprise her role as Brenda Walsh on The CW’s drama, “so I don’t know if it’s about the money either.” Whatever the case, Garth hopes the door isn’t closed on Donna Martin’s return: “I’ll try to butt my head in whenever I can and tell people what I think about it.” When asked for a comment about Spelling’s discussions with the network, a CW spokesman said simply, “The CW has no deal with Tori Spelling to appear on 90210 at this time.” (Reporting by Jessica Shaw)
Jennie Garth 'bummed' that Tori Spelling won’t appear on '90210'
Latest Videos in TV
- Johnny Depp: 20 hair dos and don'ts
- 'Castle' goes '70s: Foxy Lanie!
- 'Friday Night Lights': Going out on top
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Southland' movie? Here's what we'd want to see
- 'Transcendence': EW movie review
- 'Heaven Is for Real': EW movie review
- 'Orphan Black': Creators' secrets from the set
Top 5 Most Read
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…