What’s the deal with Kanye West and airports? Last week, the hip-hop megastar was arrested at LAX following a confrontation with a photographer. And Entourage fans will recall the episode in which West gave Vince and crew a ride to Cannes on his plane. Now comes word that the rapper is testing out new material on strangers he happens to meet in airport lounges. So says Rilo Kiley singer Jenny Lewis, who bumped into the rap megastar at an airport a couple of weeks back while she was en route to performing at the Democratic Convention. “We missed our flight and had to wait a couple of hours in the lounge,” says Lewis, whose second solo album, Acid Tongue, is scheduled for release on Sept. 23. “I noticed Kanye West was waiting for the same flight. He looked over and said, ‘Excuse me, would you mind listening to my new track?’ And so he put his headphones on my head and I listened to two of his new songs. He had no idea who I was. I guess he was doing research.”
Kanye West's airport encounter...with Jenny Lewis?
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Doc Jensen's picks
- 10 best albums of '13: Nick Catucci's picks
- 10 best fiction books of 2013: EW picks...
- 'Sound of Music' ratings huge for NBC
- 'Sound of Music': Talk about it!
- 'Sound of Music': We rank every song
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' coming in 2016