What’s the deal with Kanye West and airports? Last week, the hip-hop megastar was arrested at LAX following a confrontation with a photographer. And Entourage fans will recall the episode in which West gave Vince and crew a ride to Cannes on his plane. Now comes word that the rapper is testing out new material on strangers he happens to meet in airport lounges. So says Rilo Kiley singer Jenny Lewis, who bumped into the rap megastar at an airport a couple of weeks back while she was en route to performing at the Democratic Convention. “We missed our flight and had to wait a couple of hours in the lounge,” says Lewis, whose second solo album, Acid Tongue, is scheduled for release on Sept. 23. “I noticed Kanye West was waiting for the same flight. He looked over and said, ‘Excuse me, would you mind listening to my new track?’ And so he put his headphones on my head and I listened to two of his new songs. He had no idea who I was. I guess he was doing research.”
Kanye West's airport encounter...with Jenny Lewis?
- Taylor Swift reveals '1989' track list
- 'John Carter' rights lapse at Disney
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- 'Goodfellas' actor sues 'Simpsons' for $250M
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk
- S Club 7 to reunite for BBC charity gig
- Matthew McConaughey saluted at L.A. gala