What’s the deal with Kanye West and airports? Last week, the hip-hop megastar was arrested at LAX following a confrontation with a photographer. And Entourage fans will recall the episode in which West gave Vince and crew a ride to Cannes on his plane. Now comes word that the rapper is testing out new material on strangers he happens to meet in airport lounges. So says Rilo Kiley singer Jenny Lewis, who bumped into the rap megastar at an airport a couple of weeks back while she was en route to performing at the Democratic Convention. “We missed our flight and had to wait a couple of hours in the lounge,” says Lewis, whose second solo album, Acid Tongue, is scheduled for release on Sept. 23. “I noticed Kanye West was waiting for the same flight. He looked over and said, ‘Excuse me, would you mind listening to my new track?’ And so he put his headphones on my head and I listened to two of his new songs. He had no idea who I was. I guess he was doing research.”
Kanye West's airport encounter...with Jenny Lewis?
- 'Mockingjay' aims to keep box office crown
- P.D. James, crime novelist, dies at 94
- 'Red Band Society' production halted
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Netflix: See what's new for December
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15