Several sources confirm that CBS is in negotiations to extend TV’s top-rated comedy Two and A Half Men into a ninth season. The sitcom that stars Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer shows no sign of slowing: Its sixth season premiere on Sept. 22 was up 9 percent in viewers (14.9 million) and posted its best performance among young adults since 2004. Once the show’s contract extension is finalized, CBS will get busy re-signing the already well-compensated actors (Sheen, for example, gets a reported $825,000 an episode), all of whom have deals that expire next year.
'Two and A Half Men' closing on deal for ninth season
Latest Videos in TV
- Christopher Nolan's first Comic-Con
- 'The Judge' to open Toronto Film Fest
- Megan Fox: 'Turtles' nixed 'girl power'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'Big Brother': Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Veronica Mars' fans win mtvU honors
- Mark Hamill talks 'Star Wars' at BBC
- 'Legend of Korra' to move online
- 'Pornstache' not returning to 'OITNB'?