Several sources confirm that CBS is in negotiations to extend TV’s top-rated comedy Two and A Half Men into a ninth season. The sitcom that stars Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer shows no sign of slowing: Its sixth season premiere on Sept. 22 was up 9 percent in viewers (14.9 million) and posted its best performance among young adults since 2004. Once the show’s contract extension is finalized, CBS will get busy re-signing the already well-compensated actors (Sheen, for example, gets a reported $825,000 an episode), all of whom have deals that expire next year.
'Two and A Half Men' closing on deal for ninth season
Latest Videos in TV
- 'American Idol' recap: Roll down a familiar road
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Clone Wars': Final 13 answer big 'Star Wars' Q's
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away'
- Aaron Carter + Hilary Duff for Throwback Thursday
- 'Scandal' recap: 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'