Celebrity DJs will come together in Los Angeles next week for a special welcome-home bash honoring one of their own, DJ AM, who, along with collaborator and ex-Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, was seriously injured in a plane crash last month that claimed the lives of four others. The event, scheduled for Oct. 14 at Hollywood’s The Avalon, will feature performances by many of AM’s personal friends, including Mark Ronson, Cut Chemist, Mixmaster Mike, Steve Aoki, Danny Masterson, and DJ Vice, among others. KROQ and Deckstar, in association with T-Mobile and BPM Magazine, will play host to the party and proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the memorial funds of those lost in the tragedy. Unlike most events in Hollywood, this one has a “no guest-list” policy and is open to the public. Tickets are priced at $20 and available online.
DJ AM to be guest of honor at L.A. charity concert
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- 'Maze Runner' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $11M
- Shonda Rhimes vs. 'N.Y. Times' article
- 'Justified' adds Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS
- 'Doctor Who' invites Nick Frost over for Xmas
- 'Fashion Police' will return in 2015: E!
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016
- GWAR welcomes new vocalist Vulvatron