Celebrity DJs will come together in Los Angeles next week for a special welcome-home bash honoring one of their own, DJ AM, who, along with collaborator and ex-Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, was seriously injured in a plane crash last month that claimed the lives of four others. The event, scheduled for Oct. 14 at Hollywood’s The Avalon, will feature performances by many of AM’s personal friends, including Mark Ronson, Cut Chemist, Mixmaster Mike, Steve Aoki, Danny Masterson, and DJ Vice, among others. KROQ and Deckstar, in association with T-Mobile and BPM Magazine, will play host to the party and proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the memorial funds of those lost in the tragedy. Unlike most events in Hollywood, this one has a “no guest-list” policy and is open to the public. Tickets are priced at $20 and available online.
DJ AM to be guest of honor at L.A. charity concert
- 'Scandal'-ous picks for Entertainers of the Year!
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- 'SNL' audition for black women in L.A.
- Golden Globes: 16 snubs that bugged YOU
- Globes: Comedy/Musical? Try Horror/Romance!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': A preview from Sarah Drew
- 'Vampire Diaries' midseason finale: What's at stake
- Portia de Rossi to visit 'Sean Saves the World'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Lea Michele opens up about Cory Monteith to Ellen DeGeneres
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- Golden Globes nominations shocking TV snubs
- '12 Years a Slave' and 'American Hustle' lead Golden Globe nominees