Celebrity DJs will come together in Los Angeles next week for a special welcome-home bash honoring one of their own, DJ AM, who, along with collaborator and ex-Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, was seriously injured in a plane crash last month that claimed the lives of four others. The event, scheduled for Oct. 14 at Hollywood’s The Avalon, will feature performances by many of AM’s personal friends, including Mark Ronson, Cut Chemist, Mixmaster Mike, Steve Aoki, Danny Masterson, and DJ Vice, among others. KROQ and Deckstar, in association with T-Mobile and BPM Magazine, will play host to the party and proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the memorial funds of those lost in the tragedy. Unlike most events in Hollywood, this one has a “no guest-list” policy and is open to the public. Tickets are priced at $20 and available online.
DJ AM to be guest of honor at L.A. charity concert
- 'Mockingjay' aims to keep box office crown
- P.D. James, crime novelist, dies at 94
- 'Red Band Society' production halted
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Netflix: See what's new for December
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15