How do these rumors get started? Despite a report from fledgling blog celebuzz claiming that Britney Spears will be performing on Saturday Night Live sometime in November, the singer’s rep and a spokesman for the NBC show deny that Spears has been booked. Spears’ only TV appearances scheduled thus far is Good Morning America on Dec. 2 (which also happens to be her 27th birthday and the date her new album, Circus, hits stores) and an MTV documentary, tentatively titled “For the Record,” which is slated to air on Nov. 30. As for musical guests on SNL, American Idol winner David Cook will perform on Nov. 1 and new episodes are planned for Nov. 15 and Nov. 22.
Britney Spears not appearing on 'SNL'
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- Alfonso Ribeiro wins 'Dancing With the Stars'
- 'The Voice': Two eliminated singers are...
- Kevin Smith to cameo in his own biopic
- Joni Mitchell: I nixed film with Taylor Swift
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- Joel McHale's 'Comments Section' pilot at E!
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15