How do these rumors get started? Despite a report from fledgling blog celebuzz claiming that Britney Spears will be performing on Saturday Night Live sometime in November, the singer’s rep and a spokesman for the NBC show deny that Spears has been booked. Spears’ only TV appearances scheduled thus far is Good Morning America on Dec. 2 (which also happens to be her 27th birthday and the date her new album, Circus, hits stores) and an MTV documentary, tentatively titled “For the Record,” which is slated to air on Nov. 30. As for musical guests on SNL, American Idol winner David Cook will perform on Nov. 1 and new episodes are planned for Nov. 15 and Nov. 22.
Britney Spears not appearing on 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 'White Collar' series finale: How it ended
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks