How do these rumors get started? Despite a report from fledgling blog celebuzz claiming that Britney Spears will be performing on Saturday Night Live sometime in November, the singer’s rep and a spokesman for the NBC show deny that Spears has been booked. Spears’ only TV appearances scheduled thus far is Good Morning America on Dec. 2 (which also happens to be her 27th birthday and the date her new album, Circus, hits stores) and an MTV documentary, tentatively titled “For the Record,” which is slated to air on Nov. 30. As for musical guests on SNL, American Idol winner David Cook will perform on Nov. 1 and new episodes are planned for Nov. 15 and Nov. 22.
Britney Spears not appearing on 'SNL'
- 'Ouija' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $8.3M
- 'Constantine' off to modest start in ratings
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Billy Boyd song for next 'Hobbit' end-credits
- Terry Keenan, Fox News and CNN alum, dies
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story