How do these rumors get started? Despite a report from fledgling blog celebuzz claiming that Britney Spears will be performing on Saturday Night Live sometime in November, the singer’s rep and a spokesman for the NBC show deny that Spears has been booked. Spears’ only TV appearances scheduled thus far is Good Morning America on Dec. 2 (which also happens to be her 27th birthday and the date her new album, Circus, hits stores) and an MTV documentary, tentatively titled “For the Record,” which is slated to air on Nov. 30. As for musical guests on SNL, American Idol winner David Cook will perform on Nov. 1 and new episodes are planned for Nov. 15 and Nov. 22.
Britney Spears not appearing on 'SNL'
- Adam Sandler to do 4 movies for Netflix
- Fox yanks 'Utopia' from Tuesday schedule
- 'Nashville' and more Wednesday TV recaps
- 'Stalker' series premiere: Giving us the creeps
- 'The Bridge': 'Julibex' wraps season 2
- 'Community' boss in 'Harmontown' clip
- Alyssa Milano exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- 'Sherlock Holmes' silent from 1916 discovered
- 'Agents of SHIELD' role for Tim DeKay
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record