As we learned during our visit with with the Foo Fighters last summer, Dave Grohl is no stranger to the kitchen. The Foos’ frontman — and soon to be father of two — proudly displayed a secret recipe he called Dr. G’s Strip Steak at a barbeque to celebrate the band’s latest album, 2007’s Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace. And now, EW.com hears, he’ll make an appearance on Top Chef this season. The episode, titled “Foo Fighters’ Thanksgiving,” will find the remaining culinary contestants trying to impress the Grammy Award-winning rock band at a tour stop in Rochester, New York (restaurateur Grant Achatz, who was recently named 2008’s Best Chef by the James Beard Foundation, serves
as guest judge). It’s scheduled to air Nov. 26. In the meantime, those looking for a fresh Foos fix can give thanks to the makers of the video game Rock Band. All tracks from the band’s seminal 1997 album, The Colour and the Shape, have been made available for download (and play) starting today.
Foo Fighters to guest-judge on 'Top Chef'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' teaser next week
- 'The Bridge' canceled by FX
- 'Flash,' 'Jane the Virgin' get full seasons
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- TLC reality show to look at answered prayers
- Tatiana Maslany to make N.Y. stage debut
- 'Scandal': Michael Trucco as Abby's ex
- 'Deliverance' adapted as a play: EW review
- 'The Room' actors in a mockumentary?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape