As we learned during our visit with with the Foo Fighters last summer, Dave Grohl is no stranger to the kitchen. The Foos’ frontman — and soon to be father of two — proudly displayed a secret recipe he called Dr. G’s Strip Steak at a barbeque to celebrate the band’s latest album, 2007’s Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace. And now, EW.com hears, he’ll make an appearance on Top Chef this season. The episode, titled “Foo Fighters’ Thanksgiving,” will find the remaining culinary contestants trying to impress the Grammy Award-winning rock band at a tour stop in Rochester, New York (restaurateur Grant Achatz, who was recently named 2008’s Best Chef by the James Beard Foundation, serves
as guest judge). It’s scheduled to air Nov. 26. In the meantime, those looking for a fresh Foos fix can give thanks to the makers of the video game Rock Band. All tracks from the band’s seminal 1997 album, The Colour and the Shape, have been made available for download (and play) starting today.
Foo Fighters to guest-judge on 'Top Chef'
- 'The Bronze,' 2 more films sold at Sundance
- Julia Roberts on board for 'Batkid' movie
- Gymnastic sex scene scores '10' at Sundance
- Netflix: See what's new for February
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2': No role for Ronan
- 'Fifty Shades': THAT scene won't be in film
- 'Hateful Eight' supporting cast revealed
- 'MasterChef Junior' chimp scene won't air
- Biblical saga among 5 pilots in works at ABC
- Sophie Turner as Jean Grey in next 'X-Men'
- 'Glee' alum Melissa Benoist in as 'Supergirl'
- NBC orders ex-sniper pilot from 'Blacklist'-ers