Ladies, gents, and Ausholes, it’s with tremendous pride and excitement that I give you the very first "Casting Scoops" roundup of 2009. Enjoy!
• File this under "S" for Stuff That Doesn’t Suck: True Blood is resurrecting Sookie’s Gram (played by the sublime Lois Smith) in season 2! And by "resurrecting" I mean "returning in newly-created flashback scenes!" Still bloody fangtastic if you ask me!
• CBS’ freshman sorta-hit Eleventh Hour is adding a new agent later this season played by Omar Benson Miller (Miracle at St. Anna). His character, an FBI trainee by the name of Felix, is eager to join Agent Young’s team. Miller is booked for a minimum of three episodes.
• Reaper‘s wickedly funny devil, Ray Wise, is briefly retiring his pitchfork to guest on a February ep of Numb3rs. He’ll play a jury consultant for a defendant which Robin, Don and co. are trying to convict of murder.
• NCIS is delving into the personal life of Director Vance (Rocky Carroll). According to a CBS insider, producers are introducing his never-before-seen wife and children later this season. Casting is underway.
• If you blink while watching Worst Week‘s Feb. 9 season finale there’s a very good chance you’ll miss Zach Braff, who makes a split-second cameo. CBS’ freshman comedy was shooting on Scrubs‘ vacant hospital set the same day Braff was there looping dialogue for an upcoming episode. "He appears very briefly in the background of a scene," says a source. "He just did it for fun."