EW has learned that fan favorite Emma Samms (and her alter ego, Holly Sutton Scorpio) will return to General Hospital just in time for May sweeps. Samms, who started on the show in 1982 and was last seen there in the summer of 2006, starts taping at the end of April, with scenes set to air in mid-May, says a show insider. Little is known about her upcoming story arc but Holly will be reconnecting with a lot of the older characters, such as old flame Luke (Anthony Geary), as well as younger characters, including Lulu (Julie Berman) and newcomer Ethan (Nathan Parsons). So far, her other paramour, Robert Scorpio (Tristan Rogers), is not set to return as well, but “there’s always a possibility that other vets will be returning,” says the source. Samms, who also played Fallon Carrington Colby on Dynasty, is not on contract and her stint is open ended.
Mar 10 2009 11:28 PM ET
Emma Samms to return to 'General Hospital'
- James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- James Gandolfini 'a genius': David Chase
- James Gandolfini dies: Tributes on Twitter
- James Gandolfini: 15 classic 'Tony' lines
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- 'Hemlock Grove': Netflix OKs season 2
- 'World War Z': EW movie review
- 'Monsters University': EW movie review