Okay, well, at least another year or so anyway. Rose Byrne got the gossip wheels spinning this week when MTV News quoted her as saying her friends had been auditioning for a long-discussed live-action Star Wars television series. But EW has confirmed with a Lucasfilm rep that a casting agent in Australia is “doing some preliminary ground work, but official casting will not start until the scripts are complete.” At the earliest, the series would go into production in 2010, the rep added.
'Star Wars' live-action series...still far, far away
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO