One person who won’t be moving back into Melrose Place? Heather Locklear. The actress — who played the key role of Amanda Woodward on the original series — has turned down an offer to join the cast of the CW’s update of the hit Fox serial, EW has learned. “There wasn’t a way to bring her back that made sense,” says a source close to the situation. While the network and studio won’t comment, her reps do confirm that Locklear has passed. It’s no secret that the CW was aggressively pursuing Locklear and will likely want to secure another star from the original show. The reboot, which is slated for the fall, has already cast Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, Jessica Lucas, Michael Rady, and Katie Cassidy.
'Melrose Place' exclusive: Heather Locklear won't join reboot
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere
- 'Glee' moves to Fridays for final season
- Greer Grammer named Miss Golden Globe
- Ty Herndon: 'out, proud, happy gay man'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas on new EW cover
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review
- 'Mockingjay': How big at the box office?
- 'Once Upon a Time' role for Merrin Dungey
- Bill Cosby: Woman details assault allegation
- Mike Nichols, Oscar-winning director, dies