One person who won’t be moving back into Melrose Place? Heather Locklear. The actress — who played the key role of Amanda Woodward on the original series — has turned down an offer to join the cast of the CW’s update of the hit Fox serial, EW has learned. “There wasn’t a way to bring her back that made sense,” says a source close to the situation. While the network and studio won’t comment, her reps do confirm that Locklear has passed. It’s no secret that the CW was aggressively pursuing Locklear and will likely want to secure another star from the original show. The reboot, which is slated for the fall, has already cast Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, Jessica Lucas, Michael Rady, and Katie Cassidy.
'Melrose Place' exclusive: Heather Locklear won't join reboot
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'Arrow' react: 'Seeing Red'
- 'Arrow' boss talks 'Seeing Red' shocker
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'Nashville' recap: Live From the Ryman
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty': Purr-plexed?
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 657
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 508
- Slaves to Love 466
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
- Kenya Get Your Scepter 479
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN