One person who won’t be moving back into Melrose Place? Heather Locklear. The actress — who played the key role of Amanda Woodward on the original series — has turned down an offer to join the cast of the CW’s update of the hit Fox serial, EW has learned. “There wasn’t a way to bring her back that made sense,” says a source close to the situation. While the network and studio won’t comment, her reps do confirm that Locklear has passed. It’s no secret that the CW was aggressively pursuing Locklear and will likely want to secure another star from the original show. The reboot, which is slated for the fall, has already cast Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, Jessica Lucas, Michael Rady, and Katie Cassidy.
'Melrose Place' exclusive: Heather Locklear won't join reboot
- 'Bachelorette': Andi's choice is...
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Hobbit': New 'Five Armies' teaser
- Lea Michele to guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'
- 'Avengers 2' props shown at Comic-Con
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: First photo
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Sexy new character
- 'Arrow': Season 3 big bad is...