One person who won’t be moving back into Melrose Place? Heather Locklear. The actress — who played the key role of Amanda Woodward on the original series — has turned down an offer to join the cast of the CW’s update of the hit Fox serial, EW has learned. “There wasn’t a way to bring her back that made sense,” says a source close to the situation. While the network and studio won’t comment, her reps do confirm that Locklear has passed. It’s no secret that the CW was aggressively pursuing Locklear and will likely want to secure another star from the original show. The reboot, which is slated for the fall, has already cast Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, Jessica Lucas, Michael Rady, and Katie Cassidy.
'Melrose Place' exclusive: Heather Locklear won't join reboot
- 'Dating Naked' sued for failure to blur
- Shonda Rhimes' Thursdays: New ABC promo
- 'Sex Box' to debut on WE tv in 2015
- 'Teen Wolf' costar in 'Agents of SHIELD' as...
- Julianne Hough joins 'DWTS' as fourth judge
- Frankie Valli to visit 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Billy Crystal at Emmy salute to Robin Williams
- 'NCIS': New love interest for DiNozzo?
- Nicki Minaj butts in on 'Anaconda' video
- ABC eyes 'Castle'-inspired 'Derrick Storm'