One person who won’t be moving back into Melrose Place? Heather Locklear. The actress — who played the key role of Amanda Woodward on the original series — has turned down an offer to join the cast of the CW’s update of the hit Fox serial, EW has learned. “There wasn’t a way to bring her back that made sense,” says a source close to the situation. While the network and studio won’t comment, her reps do confirm that Locklear has passed. It’s no secret that the CW was aggressively pursuing Locklear and will likely want to secure another star from the original show. The reboot, which is slated for the fall, has already cast Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, Jessica Lucas, Michael Rady, and Katie Cassidy.
'Melrose Place' exclusive: Heather Locklear won't join reboot
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Brick Mansions': EW movie review
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2': Pleased to meet...Electro?
- Bryan Singer statement on abuse claims
- 'Mentalist' being shopped to networks outside CBS
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Parks and Rec': 9 hints about season finale
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday': Master of disguise?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!