One person who won’t be moving back into Melrose Place? Heather Locklear. The actress — who played the key role of Amanda Woodward on the original series — has turned down an offer to join the cast of the CW’s update of the hit Fox serial, EW has learned. “There wasn’t a way to bring her back that made sense,” says a source close to the situation. While the network and studio won’t comment, her reps do confirm that Locklear has passed. It’s no secret that the CW was aggressively pursuing Locklear and will likely want to secure another star from the original show. The reboot, which is slated for the fall, has already cast Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, Jessica Lucas, Michael Rady, and Katie Cassidy.
'Melrose Place' exclusive: Heather Locklear won't join reboot
- Nelson Mandela: 5 movie touchstones
- 'Sound of Music' live blog: It's on!
- 'Sound of Music': 3 dress rehearsal photos
- 'Mandela' biopic: First Look featurette
- Paul Walker: End of the 'F&F' fantasy?
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' coming in 2016
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' trailer: Did you notice...?
- 'Justice League': Let's cast it!
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Take a peek at dress rehearsal -- PHOTOS
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Glee': Watch Rachel, Kurt, and Santana sing with a hot shirtless Santa --…
- 'The Sound of Music': Carrie Underwood on tonight's live show and hate tweets from Julie Andrews fans
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers