Chris Hemsworth, the doomed elder Captain Kirk from Star Trek, has landed the starring role in the remake of Red Dawn (2010). The 25-year-old Australian, who’s currently shooting the MGM/UA thriller Cabin In the Woods with director Drew Goddard (Cloverfield), will reprise the role of Jed Eckert, the ringleader of a ragtag group of small-town teenagers battling back against invading Russians. Patrick Swayze played tough guy Jed in the 1984 original. Hemsworth will reportedly also star in Kenneth Branagh’s Thor.
Wolverines! Chris Hemsworth nabs lead in 'Red Dawn'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 champ is...
- 'The Voice': Two eliminated singers are...
- 'Insurgent' music gig to Joseph Trapanese
- Joel McHale's 'Comments Section' pilot at E!
- 'Birdman' gets six Indie Spirit Award noms
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15
- Bill Cosby biographer tweets: 'I was wrong'
- George Eads exiting 'CSI'
- 'Oz' Cowardly Lion costume sells for $3M
- 'Star Wars VII' trailer debuts this weekend