Chris Hemsworth, the doomed elder Captain Kirk from Star Trek, has landed the starring role in the remake of Red Dawn (2010). The 25-year-old Australian, who’s currently shooting the MGM/UA thriller Cabin In the Woods with director Drew Goddard (Cloverfield), will reprise the role of Jed Eckert, the ringleader of a ragtag group of small-town teenagers battling back against invading Russians. Patrick Swayze played tough guy Jed in the 1984 original. Hemsworth will reportedly also star in Kenneth Branagh’s Thor.
Wolverines! Chris Hemsworth nabs lead in 'Red Dawn'
- 'Gravity,' 'Her' share L.A. Critics' top prize
- '12 Years a Slave': Best Pic for Boston, N.Y. critics
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Amazing Race' preview: Phil Keoghan's photos
- 'Frozen' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $31.6M
- Kennedy Center Honors: D.C. salutes five artists
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Nico Vega goes 'Bang Bang'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie line in Sweden
Top 5 Most Read
- 'SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars -- VIDEO
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on 'Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here!
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's Picks
- Disney's 'Frozen' soundtrack: Ranking all nine original songs
- Peter Jackson on bringing the 'Hobbit' villain Smaug to life: 'He's the Hannibal Lecter of the dragon world.'