TBS is making its first forays into original animation and late-night television, network executives announced at their annual upfront presentation to advertisers on Wednesday. The animated half hour Neighbors From Hell, executive produced by Jeffrey Katzenberg, will follow a family of four who have been relocated to Houston from the underworld. (The net already runs syndicated episodes of Family Guy, but Hell will mark its first original animated program.) Meanwhile, George Lopez is gearing up to take on a late-night spot in November with Lopez Tonight. “Late-night has become a little stagnant,” Lopez says, “and people have become disenfranchised.” He promises his show will be more “inclusive and diverse,” with a “party energy every night that is not on any other talk show.” For starters, he says, he won’t have a desk.
TBS announces venture into animation, late-night talk with George Lopez
- Katy Perry set for Super Bowl halftime show
- American Music Awards winners are...
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': $123M opening weekend
- Cosby accused by ex-comedy club manager
- Cher cancels 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates
- Natalie Dormer: More 'Thrones' male nudity
- Adam Pally to end run as 'Mindy' regular
- Tina Fey-produced series to Netflix from NBC
- 'Homeland' casts B'way star in surprise role
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere