TBS is making its first forays into original animation and late-night television, network executives announced at their annual upfront presentation to advertisers on Wednesday. The animated half hour Neighbors From Hell, executive produced by Jeffrey Katzenberg, will follow a family of four who have been relocated to Houston from the underworld. (The net already runs syndicated episodes of Family Guy, but Hell will mark its first original animated program.) Meanwhile, George Lopez is gearing up to take on a late-night spot in November with Lopez Tonight. “Late-night has become a little stagnant,” Lopez says, “and people have become disenfranchised.” He promises his show will be more “inclusive and diverse,” with a “party energy every night that is not on any other talk show.” For starters, he says, he won’t have a desk.
TBS announces venture into animation, late-night talk with George Lopez
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig for Jenny Slate
- Tom Hiddleston wrote Thanks for Loki note
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- 'Blacklist' gig for Krysten Ritter
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Jim Gaffigan series to air on TV Land
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Star Wars': Marvel Comics reveals plans