TBS is making its first forays into original animation and late-night television, network executives announced at their annual upfront presentation to advertisers on Wednesday. The animated half hour Neighbors From Hell, executive produced by Jeffrey Katzenberg, will follow a family of four who have been relocated to Houston from the underworld. (The net already runs syndicated episodes of Family Guy, but Hell will mark its first original animated program.) Meanwhile, George Lopez is gearing up to take on a late-night spot in November with Lopez Tonight. “Late-night has become a little stagnant,” Lopez says, “and people have become disenfranchised.” He promises his show will be more “inclusive and diverse,” with a “party energy every night that is not on any other talk show.” For starters, he says, he won’t have a desk.
TBS announces venture into animation, late-night talk with George Lopez
- Tracy Morgan responds to Walmart filing
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' react: 'Carrier'
- David Fincher to direct HBO series 'Utopia'
- NBC, CBS win premiere week as Fox slips
- 'Rush Hour' TV series in the works
- Benjamin Walker in Nicholas Sparks' 'Choice'
- 'We Are Not Ourselves' film rights sold
- Dominic Cooper joins 'Agent Carter' cast