TBS is making its first forays into original animation and late-night television, network executives announced at their annual upfront presentation to advertisers on Wednesday. The animated half hour Neighbors From Hell, executive produced by Jeffrey Katzenberg, will follow a family of four who have been relocated to Houston from the underworld. (The net already runs syndicated episodes of Family Guy, but Hell will mark its first original animated program.) Meanwhile, George Lopez is gearing up to take on a late-night spot in November with Lopez Tonight. “Late-night has become a little stagnant,” Lopez says, “and people have become disenfranchised.” He promises his show will be more “inclusive and diverse,” with a “party energy every night that is not on any other talk show.” For starters, he says, he won’t have a desk.
TBS announces venture into animation, late-night talk with George Lopez
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is No. 1 movie again
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity kiss
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Greatest American Hero' reboot eyed at Fox
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?