The Simpsons will re-air the music video for “Do the Bartman” and show a title card in memory of Michael Jackson before Sunday’s episode at 8 p.m. on Fox, EW.com has learned. The 1990 pop-rap hit was co-written by Jackson without credit. A fan of the animated comedy, the pop sensation—who passed away on Thursday—told executive producer James L. Brooks that he wanted to write a No. 1 song for Bart. (Featured on the album The Simpsons Sing The Blues, “Do the Bartman” was never released as a single in America, but it reached No. 1 in the UK, while the Brad Bird-directed video enjoyed heavy rotation on MTV. ) Jackson’s other Simpsons wish came true when he guest-starred in the season 3 opener “Stark Raving Dad” as an oversized mental patient; this time, he was credited as John Jay Smith. Alas, syndication rights issues weren’t resolved in time for that episode to be rebroadcast on Sunday.
Jun 28 2009 03:08 AM ET
Michael Jackson: 'The Simpsons' to re-air 'Do the Bartman' video in tribute on Sunday
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!