I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
• Best drama nod for Big Love.
• How I Met Your Mother finally breaks into the best comedy category.
• Jeremy Piven gets snubbed for best supporting actor, clearing the way for Neil Patrick Harris’ long overdue win.
• Michael J. Fox up for guest actor for Rescue Me.
• Emmy voters make Howie Mandel pay for ruining last year’s Emmys by snubbing him for best reality host. Even better: They gave the slot to Amazing Race emcee Phil Keoghan.
• Jim Parsons!
• Jane Krakowski, Tracy Morgan, and Jack McBrayer among 30 Rock‘s 172 nominations.
• Aaron Paul breaks through for Breaking Bad.
• Supporting comedy nods for two of my favorite Kristins (Wiig and Chenoweth).
• Elisabeth Moss!
• My incredibly prescient predictions.
Keep reading to find out which nominations/snubs made me want to hit someone in the face sad.
• Entourage gets a nod for its worst season yet.
• Tony Shalhoub.
• Anything involving Boston Legal.
I’m Super-Pissed About:
• Nothing for the final season of The Shield or Walton Goggins.
• Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton get the shaft again. Also unacceptable: No FNL for best drama.
• Nothing for Chuck or Zach Levi.
• Big Bang Theory is a bust in comedy series category. (But woo-hoo Jim Parsons!)
• Jeanne Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevigny, and Ginnifer Goodwin get no love for Big.
• Michael Urie’s Ugly snub.
OK, that’s my two cents’ worth. Now it’s your turn. Post your own snappy judgments below.