Pushing Daisies scene-stealer Swoosie Kurtz has landed a series regular role in Mike & Molly, CBS’ comedy pilot about an overweight couple struggling with food issues. Kurtz is playing the role of Joyce, mom to the still-uncast Molly. (Bill Gardell is playing Mike.) The project hails from comedy king Chuck Lorre’s factory of hits, so chances are very good that Kurtz is out partying tonight.
Pilot Intel: Swoosie Kurtz joins 'Mike & Molly'
- Oscar de la Renta, designer, dies at 82
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- 'Simpsons World' app to launch today
- 'Mulaney' order cut to 13 episodes
- 'Glee' team's horror comedy a go at Fox
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts Max Brown as...?
- 'Arrow' casts Vinnie Jones as villain Brick