Pushing Daisies scene-stealer Swoosie Kurtz has landed a series regular role in Mike & Molly, CBS’ comedy pilot about an overweight couple struggling with food issues. Kurtz is playing the role of Joyce, mom to the still-uncast Molly. (Bill Gardell is playing Mike.) The project hails from comedy king Chuck Lorre’s factory of hits, so chances are very good that Kurtz is out partying tonight.
Pilot Intel: Swoosie Kurtz joins 'Mike & Molly'
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Lyndsy Fonseca signs on with 'Agent Carter'
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover