Pushing Daisies scene-stealer Swoosie Kurtz has landed a series regular role in Mike & Molly, CBS’ comedy pilot about an overweight couple struggling with food issues. Kurtz is playing the role of Joyce, mom to the still-uncast Molly. (Bill Gardell is playing Mike.) The project hails from comedy king Chuck Lorre’s factory of hits, so chances are very good that Kurtz is out partying tonight.
Feb 23 2010 06:13 PM ET
Pilot Intel: Swoosie Kurtz joins 'Mike & Molly'
- James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- James Gandolfini 'a genius': David Chase
- James Gandolfini dies: Tributes on Twitter
- James Gandolfini: 15 classic 'Tony' lines
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?
- 'World War Z': EW movie review