Sci-fi fans who may be concerned about the state of the genre on network TV (we’re looking at you, V and FlashForward) have at least one reason to rejoice: EW has learned exclusively that Fox has picked up Fringe for a third season. Though the show isn’t exactly blowing the roof off of Nielsen — it’s been averaging just 7.6 million viewers and is ranked No. 50 in the all-important adults 18-49 demographic this season — it managed to survive in a tough new time period on Thursdays. The show returns with new episodes — and the promise of more visits from Leonard Nimoy and to the parallel universe — on April 1.
Exclusive: 'Fringe' picked up for a third season
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams arrested
- Kyra Sedgwick in HBO comedy about ex-nun
- Metallica residency on 'Late Late Show'
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- Kurt Sutter back at 'SOA,' minus appendix
- 'Avengers,' 'Black Panther': Marvel 'Phase 3'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' peek on 'SHIELD'
- 'Agent Carter' gets its first teaser