Sci-fi fans who may be concerned about the state of the genre on network TV (we’re looking at you, V and FlashForward) have at least one reason to rejoice: EW has learned exclusively that Fox has picked up Fringe for a third season. Though the show isn’t exactly blowing the roof off of Nielsen — it’s been averaging just 7.6 million viewers and is ranked No. 50 in the all-important adults 18-49 demographic this season — it managed to survive in a tough new time period on Thursdays. The show returns with new episodes — and the promise of more visits from Leonard Nimoy and to the parallel universe — on April 1.
Exclusive: 'Fringe' picked up for a third season
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'X-Men' trailer: Retro-Sentinels and...the Dude?!
- 'View': Seating chart for a peaceful co-host reunion
- Tribeca Film Fest: 13 must-see premieres
- 'Voice': Top 12 Power List
- Kiera Cass' 'The One': New trailer
- Best summer blockbusters: Ah-nold at No. 10
- 'Orphan Black': How Sarah became British
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'
- 'Heroes Reborn: Digital Series' launching in conjunction with reboot
- 'Fargo' premiere: Martin Freeman talks THAT scene