Sci-fi fans who may be concerned about the state of the genre on network TV (we’re looking at you, V and FlashForward) have at least one reason to rejoice: EW has learned exclusively that Fox has picked up Fringe for a third season. Though the show isn’t exactly blowing the roof off of Nielsen — it’s been averaging just 7.6 million viewers and is ranked No. 50 in the all-important adults 18-49 demographic this season — it managed to survive in a tough new time period on Thursdays. The show returns with new episodes — and the promise of more visits from Leonard Nimoy and to the parallel universe — on April 1.
Exclusive: 'Fringe' picked up for a third season
Latest Videos in TV
- Jessica Biel to guest on 'New Girl'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting Prince Hans
- Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' in N.Y.
- Whitney Houston's mom vs. biopic
- 'Sinister Six' in '16; 'Spidey 3' in '18
- 'Scandal' role for Portia de Rossi
- Michelle Fairley joins 'Resurrection'
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5': July 7, 2017
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online