Sci-fi fans who may be concerned about the state of the genre on network TV (we’re looking at you, V and FlashForward) have at least one reason to rejoice: EW has learned exclusively that Fox has picked up Fringe for a third season. Though the show isn’t exactly blowing the roof off of Nielsen — it’s been averaging just 7.6 million viewers and is ranked No. 50 in the all-important adults 18-49 demographic this season — it managed to survive in a tough new time period on Thursdays. The show returns with new episodes — and the promise of more visits from Leonard Nimoy and to the parallel universe — on April 1.
Exclusive: 'Fringe' picked up for a third season
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- Chris Soules is the new 'Bachelor'
- Lucy Lawless' first 'Agents of SHIELD' photo
- Emmys 2014: And the winners are...
- Chloe Grace Moretz: Piracy KO'd 'Kick-Ass 3'
- Sarah Paulson talks two-headed 'AHS' role
- Donald Glover voice of cartoon Spider-Man
- 'Flash' poster art contains Easter eggs
- Sara Bareilles' 'Smile' for Emmy In Memoriam
- 'Chicago P.D.': Markie Post as Lindsay's mom