The exiting Brothers & Sisters actor joins the NBC comedy next month as one of two state employees (the other being Party Down‘s Adam Scott) brought in to fix Pawnee’s budgetary crisis. Executive producer Michael Schur likens it to “an action movie where the FBI shows up and the local cops say, ‘This is our jurisdiction! And the FBI says, ‘Not anymore!'” But Lowe’s character, Chris Traeger, wins everyone over with his “very optimistic, positive, forward-thinking” attitude, explains Schur, who hints that he “very quickly falls into a romantic entanglement” with one of the locals. “I don’t want to spoil who it is because it’s kind of a surprise.”
First Look: Rob Lowe shakes up 'Parks and Recreation'
- 'Mockingjay': 2014's top movie presale tix
- Dean Norris as 'American Dad' guest voice
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Seth Rogen as Apple pioneer Steve Wozniak?
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'