The exiting Brothers & Sisters actor joins the NBC comedy next month as one of two state employees (the other being Party Down‘s Adam Scott) brought in to fix Pawnee’s budgetary crisis. Executive producer Michael Schur likens it to “an action movie where the FBI shows up and the local cops say, ‘This is our jurisdiction! And the FBI says, ‘Not anymore!'” But Lowe’s character, Chris Traeger, wins everyone over with his “very optimistic, positive, forward-thinking” attitude, explains Schur, who hints that he “very quickly falls into a romantic entanglement” with one of the locals. “I don’t want to spoil who it is because it’s kind of a surprise.”
First Look: Rob Lowe shakes up 'Parks and Recreation'
- 'Kirstie' canceled by TV Land
- Kyra Sedgwick: 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig
- 'Arrow' casts J.R. Ramirez as Wildcat
- 'Bachelorette': Andi's choice is...
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Hobbit': New 'Five Armies' teaser
- 'Avengers 2' props shown at Comic-Con
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: First photo