The exiting Brothers & Sisters actor joins the NBC comedy next month as one of two state employees (the other being Party Down‘s Adam Scott) brought in to fix Pawnee’s budgetary crisis. Executive producer Michael Schur likens it to “an action movie where the FBI shows up and the local cops say, ‘This is our jurisdiction! And the FBI says, ‘Not anymore!'” But Lowe’s character, Chris Traeger, wins everyone over with his “very optimistic, positive, forward-thinking” attitude, explains Schur, who hints that he “very quickly falls into a romantic entanglement” with one of the locals. “I don’t want to spoil who it is because it’s kind of a surprise.”
First Look: Rob Lowe shakes up 'Parks and Recreation'
- Frankie Valli to visit 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Julianne Hough joins 'DWTS' as fourth judge
- Billy Crystal at Emmy salute to Robin Williams
- Aaron Paul's 'Breaking Bad' scavenger hunt
- 'NCIS': New love interest for DiNozzo?
- Nicki Minaj butts in on 'Anaconda' video
- 'AHS: Freak Show' to premiere Oct. 8
- ABC eyes 'Castle'-inspired 'Derrick Storm'
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' gets a season 2
- Megan Mullally, Natalie Morales on 'Parks'