The prognosis for Showtime’s The Big C is excellent. I’m hearing last night’s debut of Laura Linney’s cancer dramedy scored the cable net’s best premiere rating in eight years and its best half-hour opener in 12 years. The official Showtime press release is after the jump…
“THE BIG C” DELIVERS SHOWTIME’S HIGHEST RATED ORIGINAL SERIES PREMIERE IN 8 YEARS
Season Six of “WEEDS” Returns With Its Highest Rated Night Ever
The Big C premiere – 1.154 million viewers at 10:30 p.m.
· THE BIG C delivered SHOWTIME’s largest audience in 8 years for an original series debut (Previously: Odyssey 5 on 6/21/02 with 1.155MM)
· At 11:30 p.m.: THE BIG C delivered an additional 429,000. The total night 1.583 million viewers
· The premiere episode was made available for online sampling two weeks ago. To-date, the premiere has garnered over 1.6 million online views.
WEEDS SEASON SIX premiere – 1.262 million viewers at 10 p.m.
· With a total of 1.9 Million viewers last night, the season six premiere of WEEDS delivered the series’ Best Night Ever in viewers
· WEEDS delivered 1.262 million at 10 p.m. (Up 4 percent from the season 5 premiere, 1.217MM)
· At 11:00 p.m. WEEDS added an additional 629,000 viewers.