TV Guide that the contest’s finalists will now be required to make a music video, promote themselves, and learn to work with a band and back-up dancers. In a structural change, the show will now skip the round-of-24 and simply move directly to the top-12. “I didn’t think [the top-24] were very good,” Lythgoe said. “I was bored with them by the time they got there.”Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler won’t be the only new changes when American Idol premieres Jan. 12. Executive producer Nigel Lythgoe tells
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- 'X-Men': Evan Peters in as Quiksilver
- Apolo Anton Ohno on 'Minute to Win It': Clip
- 'SNL': Best host of 2012-13? YOU say it's...
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- 'Nebraska'; Palme d'Or prediction: Cannes
- Google Doodle: Teen's 'Best Day Ever'