TV Guide that the contest’s finalists will now be required to make a music video, promote themselves, and learn to work with a band and back-up dancers. In a structural change, the show will now skip the round-of-24 and simply move directly to the top-12. “I didn’t think [the top-24] were very good,” Lythgoe said. “I was bored with them by the time they got there.”Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler won’t be the only new changes when American Idol premieres Jan. 12. Executive producer Nigel Lythgoe tells
'American Idol' new challenges include music videos
- Tracy Morgan responds to Walmart filing
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' react: 'Carrier'
- David Fincher to direct HBO series 'Utopia'
- NBC, CBS win premiere week as Fox slips
- 'Rush Hour' TV series in the works
- Benjamin Walker in Nicholas Sparks' 'Choice'
- 'We Are Not Ourselves' film rights sold
- Dominic Cooper joins 'Agent Carter' cast