Sour news for a sweet show: Food Network has confirmed with EW that after four-and-a-half years, Ace of Cakes will end its series run in February 2011. The decision to cancel the series was a mutual one between star Duff Goldman and the Food Network; Duff remains in active discussions about continuing his presence on the network, a spokesperson for the Food Network told EW. But never fear; if you head to Baltimore, Md., you can still have your cake and eat it too: Charm City Cakes — the bakery featured on the program — still remains in operation. “We were here before the cameras, and we’ll be here when they’re gone,” a rep for the bakery told EW via email. “People will always want cakes, and we make awesome cakes. Nuff said.”
'Ace of Cakes' to hang up its apron
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: 'Breaker of Chains'
- Courteney Cox: From 'Cougar Town' to Tribeca
- 'Mad Men' recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Atlanta 'Housewives' recap: Kenya get your scepter
- 'Good Wife' recap: 'All Tapped Out'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'Bleeding Through'
- 'Game of Thrones': Aidan Gillen says...
- 'Dick Van Dyke Show' finale: 'we were doing a classic'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: Slaves to Love
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- TV Jukebox: 'Game of Thrones,' 'Scandal,' 'Mad Men,' and more of the week's best music-on-TV moments
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: The Heart of the Matter
- 'Game of Thrones' Aidan Gillen on the return of Littlefinger