Sour news for a sweet show: Food Network has confirmed with EW that after four-and-a-half years, Ace of Cakes will end its series run in February 2011. The decision to cancel the series was a mutual one between star Duff Goldman and the Food Network; Duff remains in active discussions about continuing his presence on the network, a spokesperson for the Food Network told EW. But never fear; if you head to Baltimore, Md., you can still have your cake and eat it too: Charm City Cakes — the bakery featured on the program — still remains in operation. “We were here before the cameras, and we’ll be here when they’re gone,” a rep for the bakery told EW via email. “People will always want cakes, and we make awesome cakes. Nuff said.”
'Ace of Cakes' to hang up its apron
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- Terry Keenan, Fox News and CNN alum, dies
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover