Sour news for a sweet show: Food Network has confirmed with EW that after four-and-a-half years, Ace of Cakes will end its series run in February 2011. The decision to cancel the series was a mutual one between star Duff Goldman and the Food Network; Duff remains in active discussions about continuing his presence on the network, a spokesperson for the Food Network told EW. But never fear; if you head to Baltimore, Md., you can still have your cake and eat it too: Charm City Cakes — the bakery featured on the program — still remains in operation. “We were here before the cameras, and we’ll be here when they’re gone,” a rep for the bakery told EW via email. “People will always want cakes, and we make awesome cakes. Nuff said.”
'Ace of Cakes' to hang up its apron
- 'Mockingjay' theories: So, who is Antonius?
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Violence earned?
- 'Britney Jean' debuts at No. 4 on album chart
- 'Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug': EW review
- 'American Hustle': EW review
- 'Saving Mr. Banks': EW review
- 'Breaking Bad' vs. 'Walking Dead': Which won 2013?
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler: New EW cover
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift Wishes
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale recap: A Mother's Work
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff talks about tonight's shocker ending
- 'Sons of Anarchy' postmortem: Jimmy Smits on Nero's choices (and cardigans)