Sour news for a sweet show: Food Network has confirmed with EW that after four-and-a-half years, Ace of Cakes will end its series run in February 2011. The decision to cancel the series was a mutual one between star Duff Goldman and the Food Network; Duff remains in active discussions about continuing his presence on the network, a spokesperson for the Food Network told EW. But never fear; if you head to Baltimore, Md., you can still have your cake and eat it too: Charm City Cakes — the bakery featured on the program — still remains in operation. “We were here before the cameras, and we’ll be here when they’re gone,” a rep for the bakery told EW via email. “People will always want cakes, and we make awesome cakes. Nuff said.”
'Ace of Cakes' to hang up its apron
Latest Videos in TV
- Jessica Biel to guest on 'New Girl'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting Prince Hans
- Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' in N.Y.
- Whitney Houston's mom vs. biopic
- 'Sinister Six' in '16; 'Spidey 3' in '18
- 'Scandal' role for Portia de Rossi
- Michelle Fairley joins 'Resurrection'
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5': July 7, 2017
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online