Sour news for a sweet show: Food Network has confirmed with EW that after four-and-a-half years, Ace of Cakes will end its series run in February 2011. The decision to cancel the series was a mutual one between star Duff Goldman and the Food Network; Duff remains in active discussions about continuing his presence on the network, a spokesperson for the Food Network told EW. But never fear; if you head to Baltimore, Md., you can still have your cake and eat it too: Charm City Cakes — the bakery featured on the program — still remains in operation. “We were here before the cameras, and we’ll be here when they’re gone,” a rep for the bakery told EW via email. “People will always want cakes, and we make awesome cakes. Nuff said.”
'Ace of Cakes' to hang up its apron
- Niecy Nash joins 'The Mindy Project'
- 'Hateful Eight': Know them by name
- 'Parks and Rec' role for Rachel Dratch
- Jim Parsons talks 'Big Bang,' Emmys
- Lena Dunham shares quick 'Girls' teaser
- Lori Petty back to 'Orange Is the New Black'
- Paul Reubens to play 'Blacklist' baddie
- 'Z Nation,' Syfy zombie drama, on Sept. 10
- 'Dating Naked' sued for failure to blur
- 'Criminal Minds' tribute to Meshach Taylor