While he might have escaped The Island in Lost, Jorge Garcia is set to return to a different island in J.J. Abrams’ new series Alcatraz. Garcia’s rep confirms with EW that the Lost star will topline the Fox pilot centered on the historic San Francisco slammer. Garcia is on board to play an Alcatraz expert in the pilot, which will follow a group of prisoners and guards who appear in the present day. And, once again, prepare for another head-scratcher — Abrams’ series, written by Lost executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff, will (quite predictably) be a mystery.
Jorge Garcia swims to J.J. Abrams' 'Alcatraz'
- 'Greatest American Hero' reboot eyed at Fox
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Outlaw Pete' as book
- Apple event set for Sept. 9: iPhone 6?
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'The Following' to get new showrunners
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- 'Simpsons' to air 24 hours a week on FXX
- 'Star Wars VII' resumes filming in U.K.