Three weeks after news that Julia Louis-Dreyfus was in talks to return to TV with an HBO pilot, the network confirms she’s set to star in Veep. HBO describes it as, “a comedy set very near the White House. Former Senator Selina Meyer [Louis-Dreyfus] finds being Vice President of the United States is nothing like she expected and everything everyone ever warned about.” The pilot is written by Simon Blackwell and Armando Iannucci, the latter of whom will direct. Iannucci will also exec produce along with Chris Godsick and Frank Rich. Louis-Dreyfus will moonlight as a producer.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus confirmed to get political for HBO comedy pilot 'Veep'
- 'Manhattan Love Story' canceled by ABC
- 'Ouija' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $8.3M
- Jack Bruce, bassist for Cream, dies at 71
- Rainn Wilson's Vine series: Curtis Lepore out
- 'Constantine' off to modest start in ratings
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Billy Boyd song for next 'Hobbit' end-credits
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'