Three weeks after news that Julia Louis-Dreyfus was in talks to return to TV with an HBO pilot, the network confirms she’s set to star in Veep. HBO describes it as, “a comedy set very near the White House. Former Senator Selina Meyer [Louis-Dreyfus] finds being Vice President of the United States is nothing like she expected and everything everyone ever warned about.” The pilot is written by Simon Blackwell and Armando Iannucci, the latter of whom will direct. Iannucci will also exec produce along with Chris Godsick and Frank Rich. Louis-Dreyfus will moonlight as a producer.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus confirmed to get political for HBO comedy pilot 'Veep'
- Fox yanks 'Utopia' from Tuesday schedule
- 'The Bridge': 'Julibex' wraps season 2
- Alyssa Milano exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- 'Sherlock Holmes' silent from 1916 discovered
- 'Selfie' premiere ratings: Little to 'like'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' role for Tim DeKay
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record
- 'Twilight Saga': 5 short films on Facebook
- 'Sing-Off' returning to NBC for season 5
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'