Three weeks after news that Julia Louis-Dreyfus was in talks to return to TV with an HBO pilot, the network confirms she’s set to star in Veep. HBO describes it as, “a comedy set very near the White House. Former Senator Selina Meyer [Louis-Dreyfus] finds being Vice President of the United States is nothing like she expected and everything everyone ever warned about.” The pilot is written by Simon Blackwell and Armando Iannucci, the latter of whom will direct. Iannucci will also exec produce along with Chris Godsick and Frank Rich. Louis-Dreyfus will moonlight as a producer.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus confirmed to get political for HBO comedy pilot 'Veep'
- 'Bachelorette': Andi's choice is...
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...
- 'Hobbit': New 'Five Armies' teaser
- Lea Michele to guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'
- 'Avengers 2' props shown at Comic-Con
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' in summer '17
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: First photo
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Sexy new character
- 'Arrow': Season 3 big bad is...