Three weeks after news that Julia Louis-Dreyfus was in talks to return to TV with an HBO pilot, the network confirms she’s set to star in Veep. HBO describes it as, “a comedy set very near the White House. Former Senator Selina Meyer [Louis-Dreyfus] finds being Vice President of the United States is nothing like she expected and everything everyone ever warned about.” The pilot is written by Simon Blackwell and Armando Iannucci, the latter of whom will direct. Iannucci will also exec produce along with Chris Godsick and Frank Rich. Louis-Dreyfus will moonlight as a producer.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus confirmed to get political for HBO comedy pilot 'Veep'
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 champ is...
- 'The Voice': Two eliminated singers are...
- Ferguson police officer gives first TV Q&A
- Joni Mitchell: I nixed film with Taylor Swift
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- Joel McHale's 'Comments Section' pilot at E!
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15
- George Eads exiting 'CSI'
- 'Star Wars VII' trailer debuts this weekend