Sarah Palin’s Alaska suffered a 40 percent drop in viewership for its second episode that aired on TLC Sunday night. After a TLC-record audience of 5.0 million tuned in for the Nov. 14 premiere, only three million watched the former governor take to the local shooting range and road-trip to Homer. The drop-off is not entirely unexpected after the enormous amount of curiosity and hype that preceded the premiere, and a spokesperson for TLC said in an email, “We are very happy with the ongoing strength of Sarah Palin’s Alaska, and it continues to drive big ratings gains for TLC.”
'Sarah Palin's Alaska' takes big ratings hit
Latest Videos in TV
- Christopher Nolan's first Comic-Con
- 'The Judge' to open Toronto Film Fest
- Megan Fox: 'Turtles' nixed 'girl power'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'Big Brother': Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Veronica Mars' fans win mtvU honors
- Mark Hamill talks 'Star Wars' at BBC
- 'Legend of Korra' to move online
- 'Pornstache' not returning to 'OITNB'?