Sarah Palin’s Alaska suffered a 40 percent drop in viewership for its second episode that aired on TLC Sunday night. After a TLC-record audience of 5.0 million tuned in for the Nov. 14 premiere, only three million watched the former governor take to the local shooting range and road-trip to Homer. The drop-off is not entirely unexpected after the enormous amount of curiosity and hype that preceded the premiere, and a spokesperson for TLC said in an email, “We are very happy with the ongoing strength of Sarah Palin’s Alaska, and it continues to drive big ratings gains for TLC.”
'Sarah Palin's Alaska' takes big ratings hit
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'Mad Men' recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Atlanta 'Housewives' recap: Kenya get your scepter
- 'Good Wife' recap: 'All Tapped Out'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'Bleeding Through'
- 'Game of Thrones': Aidan Gillen says...
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Dick Van Dyke Show' finale: 'we were doing a classic'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: Slaves to Love
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: The Heart of the Matter
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- 'Game of Thrones' Aidan Gillen on the return of Littlefinger
- TV Jukebox: 'Game of Thrones,' 'Scandal,' 'Mad Men,' and more of the week's best music-on-TV moments