Supergirl‘s Helen Slater (more recently seen in guest stints on the likes of Smallville, Greek, and Grey’s Anatomy) has been cast as an upper-crust mom in ABC Family’s pilot The Lying Game, EW has learned exclusively. She’ll play Kristen Mercer, the wealthy adopted mother of a teen girl named Sutton. Based on the book by Pretty Little Liars author Sara Shepard, the series revolves around Sutton and her long-lost twin, Emma, reuniting to find their birth mother — until Sutton goes mysteriously missing.
ABC Family exclusive: 'Supergirl' Helen Slater cast in 'The Lying Game' pilot
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Game of Thrones' adds 9 to cast
- Kenny Johnson returns to 'Bates Motel'
- Bryan Singer: A sex abuse suit dismissed
- Comic-Con, Day 1: What's new in comics
- 'Outlander' trailer debuts at Comic-Con
- Christopher Nolan's first Comic-Con
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Megan Fox: 'Turtles' nixed 'girl power'