Supergirl‘s Helen Slater (more recently seen in guest stints on the likes of Smallville, Greek, and Grey’s Anatomy) has been cast as an upper-crust mom in ABC Family’s pilot The Lying Game, EW has learned exclusively. She’ll play Kristen Mercer, the wealthy adopted mother of a teen girl named Sutton. Based on the book by Pretty Little Liars author Sara Shepard, the series revolves around Sutton and her long-lost twin, Emma, reuniting to find their birth mother — until Sutton goes mysteriously missing.
ABC Family exclusive: 'Supergirl' Helen Slater cast in 'The Lying Game' pilot
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- 'Orphan Black' recap: Only the Clonely
- 'Orphan Black' showrunners on THAT return...
- 'Orphan Black' shocker: Tatiana Maslany says...
- Acts of God: 12 TV/movie Jesuses
- 20 big-time pop culture bunnies
- 20 'high-rated' stoner flicks
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Mara Wilson has 'no interest' in 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes