descending at midnight in Times Square (first reported by PopEater). In a statement to EW, the Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment, co-producers of Times Square New Year’s Eve, confirm the stunt is a no-go: “It was never intended or requested for Snooki to be in the actual New Year’s Eve Ball in Times Square. The request to have her in a separate ball on a set-back roof came too late and was too impractical to fit in to our outdoor events.” MTV has not responded to EW’s request for comment on whether it’s seeking a new location for its ball, or if the idea itself has been dropped.It was too good (or bad) to believe: Jersey Shore star Snooki will not ring in the New Year on MTV from inside a ball
Snooki's New Year's Eve ball drop in Times Square officially a no-go
- Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably': Daughter
- 'Big Brother': Evicted houseguest is...
- Allison Tolman to guest on 'Mindy Project'
- Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' debuts at No. 1
- Apple event set for Sept. 9: iPhone 6?
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are married
- 'Star Wars VII' resumes filming in U.K.
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge