Veteran actor Robert Wagner confirms to EW that he’ll be replacing the late John Forsythe as the voice of Charlie in ABC’s planned reboot of Charlie’s Angels. The 80-year-old star says he was approached by original series’ exec producer Leonard Goldberg and quickly signed on for the gig, which will be set in Miami. Will he speak to the new still-to-be-cast Angels via speakerphone as Forsythe did? “I would imagine it will probably be quite different because the technology is quite different. I would imagine it would be on cell phones wherever these gals are,” says Wagner, who hasn’t seen any scripts yet. “I could be tweeting them, I could be doing a lot of things with them, you know.”
'Charlie's Angels' scoop: Robert Wagner speaks about playing Charlie in ABC's planned reboot
Latest Videos in TV
- Anthony Hopkins joins HBO's 'Westworld'
- Lucy Lawless to visit 'Agents of SHIELD'
- Toronto Film Festival lineup announced
- Edgar Wright refocuses on 'Baby Driver'
- Carrie Preston returning to 'Good Wife'
- Robert Downey Jr. tops Forbes $$ list
- J.K. Rowling plans more Cormoran Strike
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online