Veteran actor Robert Wagner confirms to EW that he’ll be replacing the late John Forsythe as the voice of Charlie in ABC’s planned reboot of Charlie’s Angels. The 80-year-old star says he was approached by original series’ exec producer Leonard Goldberg and quickly signed on for the gig, which will be set in Miami. Will he speak to the new still-to-be-cast Angels via speakerphone as Forsythe did? “I would imagine it will probably be quite different because the technology is quite different. I would imagine it would be on cell phones wherever these gals are,” says Wagner, who hasn’t seen any scripts yet. “I could be tweeting them, I could be doing a lot of things with them, you know.”
'Charlie's Angels' scoop: Robert Wagner speaks about playing Charlie in ABC's planned reboot
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Xmas release
- Steve Carell's North Korea-set movie off
- 2015 Preview: See new EW cover
- 'Revenge' adds Gina Torres in recurring role
- Charlie Sheen revisits 'Ferris' for 'Goldbergs'
- Stephen Collins admits to sexual abuse
- 'The Voice' season 7 winner is...
- 'Parks and Rec' peek at Pawnee 2017
- 'Annie' movie review: An autotune disaster
- Netflix: See what's new for January
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks