Veteran actor Robert Wagner confirms to EW that he’ll be replacing the late John Forsythe as the voice of Charlie in ABC’s planned reboot of Charlie’s Angels. The 80-year-old star says he was approached by original series’ exec producer Leonard Goldberg and quickly signed on for the gig, which will be set in Miami. Will he speak to the new still-to-be-cast Angels via speakerphone as Forsythe did? “I would imagine it will probably be quite different because the technology is quite different. I would imagine it would be on cell phones wherever these gals are,” says Wagner, who hasn’t seen any scripts yet. “I could be tweeting them, I could be doing a lot of things with them, you know.”
'Charlie's Angels' scoop: Robert Wagner speaks about playing Charlie in ABC's planned reboot
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- Golden Globes: 16 snubs that bugged YOU
- Jeff Probst on 'Survivor' two-season renewal
- Golden Globes: 'Comedy' category becoming a joke
- 'Survivor' exit Q&A: Katie's rocky road
- Golden Globes noms: Who's up/down for Oscars?
- Golden Globes TV noms: Nice surprises, nasty snubs
- Chiwetel Ejiofor on Globes-trotting '12 Years' team
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- '12 Years a Slave' and 'American Hustle' lead Golden Globe nominees
- Golden Globes nominations shocking TV snubs
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a Line in the Sand