Continuing this sports-themed day of Inside TV blog programming, FX just announced a third season pickup for its comedy series The League. The second season of the scripted show set against the backdrop of a fantasy football league was on the bubble for the network, averaging 1.4 million total viewers and 1.1 million adults 18-49, but that’s up five percent from season one. Says creators Jackie and Jeff Schaffer: “FX truly is like the parents we wish we had growing up — every time we say something naughty, they reward us.”
FX renews 'The League' for third season
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is No. 1 movie again
- 'Downton' teaser: 'The world is changing'
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity kiss
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?