Continuing this sports-themed day of Inside TV blog programming, FX just announced a third season pickup for its comedy series The League. The second season of the scripted show set against the backdrop of a fantasy football league was on the bubble for the network, averaging 1.4 million total viewers and 1.1 million adults 18-49, but that’s up five percent from season one. Says creators Jackie and Jeff Schaffer: “FX truly is like the parents we wish we had growing up — every time we say something naughty, they reward us.”
FX renews 'The League' for third season
- 'Normal Heart': First Look photo
- 2013 Apocalypse Movie Quiz: Show what you know!
- Beyonce 'Visual Album': Preview the videos/songs
- 'Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug': EW review
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- Jon Hamm interviews (former student) Ellie Kemper
- 'Hobbit' as two movies? Peter Jackson's Plan B
- Julia Roberts: Flowers = 'Late Show' tears