Russell Hantz and Boston Rob Mariano will be reigniting their epic feud when Survivor: Redemption Island kicks off Feb. 16 on CBS. But they didn’t know that until EW.com blindsided the two of them in Nicaragua the day before the game began — and our cameras were there to catch it all. The two former contestants both traveled separately to Nicaragua for filming last August and were isolated and not told whom they were playing against. So we staged what seemed like a one-on-one interview with Rob and then had Russell show up and walk around the corner. SURPRISE! But perhaps even more surprising is the two enemies sitting side by side in our exclusive joint interview and making noise about a possible … alliance? Are they actually being serious or just trying to get in each other’s head. Watch part 1 (which includes them first laying eyes on each other) of the 4-part interview below after the jump and tell us what you think. Then check back Friday for part 2, where Rob discusses whether Russell had an unfair advantage in Heroes vs Villains because nobody had seen him play. And for more Survivor news and views, follow me on Twitter @EWDaltonRoss.
'Survivor: Redemption Island': Boston Rob and Russell joint interview (part 1) -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules': $44M debut
- Quentin Tarantino: 'Hateful Eight' a go
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' in summer '17
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: First photo
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Sexy new character
- 'Gotham' trailer: 'There will be light'
- 'Arrow': Season 3 big bad is...
- 'AHS: Freak Show': Official cast list
- 'Batman vs. Superman' stars in San Diego