Once again, an American journalist has been attacked while covering unrest in the Middle East. On Wednesday, ABC News correspondent Miguel Marquez was set upon by protesters and beaten in Manama, the capital of Bahrain. As The New York Times reports, a group of demonstrators suddenly snatched Marquez’s camera out of his hands and began to hit him with billy clubs. ABC News has posted an audio clip of the attack on their website; in it, Marquez pleads with his attackers, “No! No! No! Hey, I’m a journalist here!” as they begin to assail him. He was not seriously injured.
ABC News correspondent Miguel Marquez attacked while covering protests in Bahrain
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- 'Goodfellas' actor sues 'Simpsons' for $250M
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- 'John Carter' rights lapse at Disney
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Taylor Swift reveals '1989' track list