Once again, an American journalist has been attacked while covering unrest in the Middle East. On Wednesday, ABC News correspondent Miguel Marquez was set upon by protesters and beaten in Manama, the capital of Bahrain. As The New York Times reports, a group of demonstrators suddenly snatched Marquez’s camera out of his hands and began to hit him with billy clubs. ABC News has posted an audio clip of the attack on their website; in it, Marquez pleads with his attackers, “No! No! No! Hey, I’m a journalist here!” as they begin to assail him. He was not seriously injured.
ABC News correspondent Miguel Marquez attacked while covering protests in Bahrain
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- Alfonso Ribeiro wins 'Dancing With the Stars'
- 'The Voice': Two eliminated singers are...
- Kevin Smith to cameo in his own biopic
- Joni Mitchell: I nixed film with Taylor Swift
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- Joel McHale's 'Comments Section' pilot at E!
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15