Once again, an American journalist has been attacked while covering unrest in the Middle East. On Wednesday, ABC News correspondent Miguel Marquez was set upon by protesters and beaten in Manama, the capital of Bahrain. As The New York Times reports, a group of demonstrators suddenly snatched Marquez’s camera out of his hands and began to hit him with billy clubs. ABC News has posted an audio clip of the attack on their website; in it, Marquez pleads with his attackers, “No! No! No! Hey, I’m a journalist here!” as they begin to assail him. He was not seriously injured.
ABC News correspondent Miguel Marquez attacked while covering protests in Bahrain
- Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably': Daughter
- 'Big Brother': Evicted houseguest is...
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Outlaw Pete' as book
- Miley Cyrus' VMA date deals with '11 warrant
- Apple event set for Sept. 9: iPhone 6?
- 'Arrow' role for 'Glee' alum Nolan Funk
- 'Star Wars VII' resumes filming in U.K.
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are married
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...