Once again, an American journalist has been attacked while covering unrest in the Middle East. On Wednesday, ABC News correspondent Miguel Marquez was set upon by protesters and beaten in Manama, the capital of Bahrain. As The New York Times reports, a group of demonstrators suddenly snatched Marquez’s camera out of his hands and began to hit him with billy clubs. ABC News has posted an audio clip of the attack on their website; in it, Marquez pleads with his attackers, “No! No! No! Hey, I’m a journalist here!” as they begin to assail him. He was not seriously injured.
ABC News correspondent Miguel Marquez attacked while covering protests in Bahrain
- 'Big Brother': Evicted houseguest is...
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- Dick Smith, makeup effects legend, dies
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- 'Sharknado 2': 3.9M dive in, a Syfy record
- 'Doctor Who' TV/theatrical dates set
- Rob Zombie crowdfunds killer clown movie
- Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater': Nov. 7
- Lorde to curate 'Mockingjay' soundtrack