Once again, an American journalist has been attacked while covering unrest in the Middle East. On Wednesday, ABC News correspondent Miguel Marquez was set upon by protesters and beaten in Manama, the capital of Bahrain. As The New York Times reports, a group of demonstrators suddenly snatched Marquez’s camera out of his hands and began to hit him with billy clubs. ABC News has posted an audio clip of the attack on their website; in it, Marquez pleads with his attackers, “No! No! No! Hey, I’m a journalist here!” as they begin to assail him. He was not seriously injured.
ABC News correspondent Miguel Marquez attacked while covering protests in Bahrain
- 'Mockingjay': 2014's top movie presale tix
- Dean Norris as 'American Dad' guest voice
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Seth Rogen as Apple pioneer Steve Wozniak?
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'